- Great opportunity to join an iconic Australian brand
- Join a supportive team
- Location: Northbourne, Canberra
This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, reflecting our commitment to the ABC's Reconciliation Action Plan, ABC Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2019 - 2022 and the Equal Employment Opportunity (Commonwealth Authorities) Act 1987.
Working at the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With more than 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across more than 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC's a great place to work; we provide various opportunities for Indigenous staff, including attending the national Indigenous staff conference, activities during NAIDOC week, regular networking events and mentoring support.
You'll have a friendly and supportive environment to learn and grow in, with a vibrant, dynamic and cohesive team and a manager who will help you with any questions and give you regular opportunities to talk about your progress. You'll also have access to a network of Indigenous staff and support from the ABC's Lead, Indigenous Employment and Diversity.
About the Role
We are seeking a savvy Social Media Producer to create and distribute social media content for ACT News and ABC Radio Canberra.
- Under routine direction of the Deputy Editor, and in collaboration with colleagues, create and distribute social media content across digital platforms to connect with new and existing audiences.
- Identify target audience segments for stories and develop and execute social media plans of moderate complexity to achieve strong reach and engagement with audiences.
- Bring a creative approach to finding new audiences and contribute to planning and commissioning processes to develop and distribute new content ideas.
- Collaborate with other Regional & Local and ABC content teams to support the effective production and distribution of social media content.
- Monitor and analyse user data and audience metrics from social media tools to assess performance and contribute to future decisions around content creation, engagement, and audience growth
You will also have the opportunity to keep up to date with regular updates on best practices in social media use, tools, and industry developments and share this knowledge with the relevant teams.
If you've got relevant skills, knowledge and experience in the curation of social media or digital content we'd love to see your application! Some experience or exposure of this within a media organisation would be advantageous. In this exciting role you will also bring:
- Demonstrated experience in digital content production, including video editing.
- Demonstrated understanding and passion to source and create authentic content which represents the broad diversity of the Australian community, including stories that reflect a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and Indigenous communities.
- A developing understanding of live broadcast and events coverage in the context of audience engagement.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description
How to Apply
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 20 September 2020.