Australian owned, national, growing construction services provider, Career opportunity, Full time role, immediate start.
McMahon Services is a proud construction company with a reputation for delivery success and professionalism. As one of Australia's largest privately owned construction, industrial and environmental services organisations we operate from city centres through to remote locations, and employ over 750 people Australia-wide.
Demand for our delivery teams is high and we have a full order book of diverse projects across multiple sectors.
Our people are central to what we do. Our work environment is positive, collaborative and open, and we operate as a team. We are firmly committed to looking after our staff, from safety in the workplace through to professional development, ongoing training and equal opportunity.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a professional and experienced Estimator to join our Western Australia team.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing first principle estimates and assisting or leading bids for challenging and diverse demolition and remediation projects.
Youll have experience in demolition and earthworks (including remediation). Youll be able to communicate well with suppliers, subcontractors, and our operational staff.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, take pride in their work, have attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. You must be willing to take advice and direction and be prepared to provide valuable input. Innovation is as important as ability and we value staff who can think outside of the box and look at problems and challenges as opportunity.
- Preparation of project "take-offs"
- Cost estimating and preparation of all relating tender documents
- Submission of detailed bids
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Provide detailed handovers to the project team
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects
- Work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Problem solving and innovation as an individual and as part of a team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Proficient computing skills including word, advanced excel, powerpoint and preferably CAD and quantity take-off software such as Bluebeam or Civil 3D.
- The ability to work to deadlines and take ownership of your projects.
- High level of interpersonal skills including a good phone manner and positive relationships with a network of Western Australian suppliers and subcontractors.
- Experience with pricing works on remote mine sites
How to apply:
If you believe this offered position matches your experience, skills and work approach, and you are looking to join a progressive construction company that embraces diversity and fosters its employees for long-term career progression,
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and diversity, we encourage female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.