Star of the Sea is a modern Aged Care Facility, providing quality residential care in Wallaroo, South Australia.
Right in the heart of Wallaroo community, our Residential Aged Care service is home to 70 residents requiring varying levels of care.
'From a Nursing Home in the 1970's to contemporary Residential Care and Community Care Services today, we have always been underpinned by the Catholic Faith.'
We are seeking a qualified trades person to fill a Permanent Part-Time 0.8 Maintenance Officer contract.
Reporting to the Head Maintenance Officer and Residential Services Manager, you will be responsible for all maintenance of our beautiful Aged Care Facility.
- Uphold and promote the values and philosophy of Star of the Sea
- Scheduled & Preventative Maintenance
- Day-to-Day Maintenance
- Maintenance and Testing of Fire Systems
- Maintenance of Warm Water Systems
- Fleet Vehicle Management
- Participate in ongoing education requirements
- Assist with manual handling of heavy or awkward items
- Ability to liaise with external service providers
- Ordering of supplies for the home
- Accurate record keeping
- Gardening Duties as required
- Trades certificates desired but not essential
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Testing and Tagging Certificate desirable but not essential
- Ability to cover leave as required
- Experience, knowledge and skills in general maintenance and gardening
- Computer skills essential
- Drivers Licence
- Provide and maintain a police clearance that is no more than 3 years old
- Competent in the use of equipment and tools associated with the role
- Salary Packaging. Pay less tax, increase your take home pay
- Ongoing professional development
- Flexible working environment
The successful applicant will be available to cover leave where required.
Applications Close: 23rd September 2020
York Peninsula & Clare Valley
Trades & Services