Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary consultancy that has been established for 40 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 350 staff across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our structural team in Sydney has 60 highly motivated technical staff working along side owners of the business.
With 5+ years experience, chartered or on your way to being chartered you are ready for the next challenge in your career. You may already be running your own smaller projects or work packages or looking to do so.
We offer a unique opportunity, which is not for everyone. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Are a creative problem solver
- Have a can-do attitude
- Client focused
- Driven by delivering quality and value to your clients
- You own the work you do
- Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust
- Enjoy helping and supporting your colleagues and seeing them grow
- Are not afraid to test the status quo
- Want to be part of a positive and supportive team
- Proven experience as a competent consulting structural engineer
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management
- Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Team player, someone who gets as much joy from their teams success as their own.
- 5+ years experience working as a structural engineering consultant in the Australian market.
Our industry-leading Sydney Structural Team requires a high-performing, Structural Engineer to join our team as a Structural Engineer.
Based in our either our Sydney CBD or Parramatta office (or a combination of the two), you will be joining a fast paced, busy team and will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility, and play an integral role in project delivery and client liaison. You will also have the opportunity and empowerment to contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for engineering design and document production.
- Site inspections and reporting
- Be part of a team delivering structural projects across various sectors including commercial, education, industrial, residential and health.
- The opportunity to work on challenging, multidisciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client's needs.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Ready to take the next career step and develop to your full potential Please click the Apply button to complete your application.
We look forward to discussing where you want to take your career at Northrop.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.