Exciting opportunity in Space Services, Innovative supportive team.
Expressions of Interest sought for roles commencing January 2021.
Provide expert capability management services for Space Services, Training Areas and Simulation Branch (SSTASB).
Exciting opportunity for experienced capability leaders and project professionals with business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
Join a dynamic team to extend your Defence experience through a collaborative role.
Working for Praxis Aerospace
Praxis Aerospace specialises in providing engineering and project management services to Defence and Defence Industry. It seeks to provide an environment where employees are respected, encouraged and able to develop and own their skills. Praxis Aerospace employees have a high level of professional skills and experience, they are honest and hardworking and committed to providing effective engineering services in assisting clients to solve complex problems.
An attractive remuneration package is available including ongoing professional development and certification.
The SSTASB is responsible for the Capability Management across the Capability Life Cycle for satellite communications, positioning, navigation and timing, Defence training areas and simulation, health knowledge management and Defence records digitisation.
Praxis Aerospace is seeking suitably qualified professionals to provide dedicated services to:
- assist with the development and maintenance of Capability Program and project oversight obligations; and
- assist with assurance activities, associated acquisition and sustainment tasks delivered by the delivery agencies (CASG and CIOG).
- Program Management Office Lead
- Integrated Project Team Lead
- Capability Manager Co-ordinator
- Systems Engineer - SATCOM
- Project Support Officer
- Program Coordinator
Position Descriptions will be provided to applicants during the next stage of the process.
These roles offer an opportunity to be involved in SSTASB projects such as:
- UHF SATCOM
- Transportable Land Terminals for Army
- Combined Communications Gateway Geraldton
- MASTIS Upgrade
- Satellite Ground Statement - East and a Wideband Network Management System
- Australian Defence Satellite Communications System
- Protected Satellite Communications
- Assured Position Navigation and Timing
- Health Knowledge Management
- Core Simulation Capability
- Defence Simulation Capability
- Fixed Satellite Communications Ground Infrastructure and Wideband Global Satellite
- Assured PNT
- Records Digitisation
INDICATIVE SELECTION CRITERIA
Position-specific criteria will be provided in the Position Description.
Personal Attributes required:
- Shared values with Praxis Aerospace of family first, trust, commitment to customer, integrity, innovation, boldness and humility.
- Ability to work in a team environment promoting the culture of the organisation.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Tertiary Engineering and/or Project Management Qualifications relevant to the position
- Experience with the Defence Capability Life Cycle
- Relevant project and program planning, scheduling and documentation experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance (Australian Citizenship is generally required).
- Experience in Space Systems, Satellite Ground Stations, Simulation Systems
- Demonstrated experience managing engineering projects and teams
- Professional certification
Workplace Health and Safety
All employees are required to have the physical and psychological capacity to safely and effectively undertake the inherent requirements of their role without risk of harm to themselves or others.
Some positions, including those involving higher risk duties or where ongoing health surveillance is required will have specific physical requirements detailed in the position description.
Employees in office-based environments must as a minimum have the capacity to:
- Safely undertake seated desk based and monitor and keyboard work.
- Travel to other company or client locations within Australia.
- Hold a current drivers' licence and have the ability to drive.
Job benefits and perks
An attractive remuneration package is available including ongoing professional development and membership.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter explaining what you would bring to the Praxis Aerospace Capability and Project Management team.
EOI closing date is 14 September 2020. Applicants may be contacted before the closing date.
During our recruitment process, we may undertake a combination of pre-screening questionnaires/conversations, online or face-to-face interviews, video interviews, psychometric testing and pre-employment screening (including police check and clearance check) in accordance with employment screening standards.