Supportive and collaborative team culture and management style, Fulltime position with an attractive salary plus bonus on offer, Based in a convenient central location in Welshpool, Perth.
Location: Welshpool, Perth
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary plus bonus on offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 50 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Modern, up-to-date working space in a safety focussed organisation
Aurizon is offering an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join the well-established Yards Assets Management team within our Project Management division in Perth to support the exciting growth within our Bulk business. You will work collaboratively with numerous internal and external stakeholders to initiate, develop, commission, and approve the design and performance requirements for civil engineering projects, investigate faults and provide engineering solutions, and produce and monitor specifications to improve safety and operations.
About the role:
- Organise and plan the technical aspects of civil projects i.e. design and preparation of user requirement specifications, material and component specifications, and safety requirements
- Design, check, and audit civil project/upgrade/maintenance submissions
- Keep up to date with new technology and techniques for civil systems and networks and implement best practice procedures at all times
- Maintain procedures for civil systems e.g. understanding user and system requirements, installation and maintenance procedures, verification, validation, testing, and commission of works, and asset handovers
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ad hoc travel to WA sites with the potential to also travel to QLD and NSW sites
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or an equivalent degree is mandatory
- Registered professional engineer or equivalent under the Professional Engineer’s Act of Queensland and New South Wales preferred
- 5+ years of experience in rail, rollingstock, construction and civil project management is preferred
- Comfortability working remotely and virtually with East Coast management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder management
- Interest in stepping up into a leadership capacity if required
- Motivated by detail orientated and analytical work
- Highly adaptable and composed under pressure
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.