Rare opportunity to join this high performing team based in Newcastle, Relocation support for candidates outside of Newcastle, Be a part of a global organisation with strong regional presence.
If you are looking to take your career up a gear with a role that will equip you with skills you can use around the world, this role is for you! Power up your career with Cummins and open the door to unlimited opportunities.
About the role
Reporting to the HHP Engineering Manager, this will see you based in our busy Newcastle branch as a part of our National High Horse Power Engineering team. This varied role will ensure no 2 days are ever the same, from answering initial customer queries, through to identifying complex service issues, initiating problem solving, documenting cost and customer impact information to establishing priority for corrective action. You will quickly build your reputation and be recognised as a subject matter expert in this field by our customers and within the region.
- Identify complex service issues, initiate problem solving, document cost and customer impact information to establish priority for corrective action.
- Lead or manage failure analyses with Field Service, Warranty, and Engineering to communicate and define issues.
- Partners with distributors, dealers and customers to support the investigation of complex escalated product issues, discuss solutions, and conduct training because of complexity, longevity and criticality.
- Support product development teams and problem solving teams via the installation of field test engines or components and the monitoring and reporting of reliability data.
- Participates proactively during reviews to ensure the serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring of new product performance.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and recommends appropriate actions
- Creates initial publication and subsequent revision of service literature.
- Local and regional travel to meet project requirements particularly during commissioning periods
- Relevant engineering qualification (Bachelor Mechanical Engineering Desirable) or be trade qualified with multiple years of experience and knowledge on HHP engines
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, able to advise a diverse range of customers and build relationships
- A collaborative work approach, sharing knowledge and solutions with the national applications team
- Have the desire to develop into a subject matter expert
Whats in it for you
Our employees develop their careers through proven development programs and challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. We offer 'best in class' facilities, professional leadership, competitive remuneration, and access to market leading technology. This role is offering you the opportunity to learn Cummins product skills you can use anywhere in the world via our training modules in our STAR program and our highly knowledgeable Application Engineering team. Relocation support for candidates located outside of Newcastle.
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The companys products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919,
Please note, only candidates with Working Rights for Australia and residing in Australia will be considered.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.