Location: Fiona Stanley Hospital, Murdoch, Permanent full time position, Hours: Week 1 6am to 2pm, Week 2 12pm to 8pm (Monday to Friday).
- Location: Fiona Stanley Hospital, Murdoch
- Permanent Fulltime Position
- Hours: Week 1 - 6am to 2pm, Week 2 - 12pm to 8pm (Monday to Friday)
About the role
The SEW Officer Permit to Work is responsible for coordinating the permit to work system. This includes review and evaluation of JSEA and auditing works undertaken by Personnel and Sub Contractors holding a permit to work along with issuing High Risk Permits and being held accountable for high risk activities. You will also be responsible for ensuring a strong focus on risk prevention and a safe working environment by supporting the overall SEW Team to ensure the safety and compliance of all Hospital users.
You will be committed to providing successful outcomes for all Permit to Work matters at Fiona Stanley Hospital. Your exceptional communication and ability to build excellent relationships with stakeholders will ensure you engage to adhere to SEW standards. You will drive for continuous success and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Demonstrated background in Engineering / Operations
- Sound understanding of OSH Legislation
- Proven experience in similar role within a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed Stakeholder management with the ability to coach and influence
- Organisational and time management skills including the ability to show initiative and work effectively under pressure
- Intermediate proficiency with the Suite of MS Office
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Cert IV Work Health & Safety or other Safety Qualifications
- Trade Background
- Competencies in the following:
- Work Safely at Heights
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Issue Work Permits
- Conduct Hazard Analysis
- Gas Test Atmospheres
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
We are proud to deliver non-clinical services to Fiona Stanley Hospital; one of Australias most advanced public healthcare facilities. We put the patient at the heart of everything we do. Our team of 1,000 staff takes pride in delivering quality services to achieve outstanding care.
At Serco, youll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where youre based, we each share the same goal to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/aspac
If you are inspired to make a positive different and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco values ofTrust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people to apply from different backgrounds. By joining Serco you will have access to our Global Employee Networks SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LBGTI+) Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website