Ethos Urban is seeking a number of Social Planning & Strategy roles within our Sydney team to join our highly engaged team of urban development professionals. This role will suit a dynamic and passionate individual looking to take the next step in their professional career.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working within a consultancy or professional services business engaged in social infrastructure planning, community needs analysis, social impact assessment, social research, policy and strategy development.
At Ethos Urban, we work in multi-disciplinary teams to approach projects from a holistic perspective blending our services of urban design, economics, engagement, social strategy, project management and planning. This unique approach means interns are referred to as Urbanists as they learn to deliver urban solutions informed by a diverse range of expertise. Urbanists have a broad understanding of the built environment and property industry. They are collaborative and can work with a range of stakeholders to deliver the best urban outcomes for our clients and communities.
As a Social Planning & Strategy Consultant you will:
- Provide advice directly to a range of clients including landowners, developers and public-sector agencies, as or under the guidance of a Project Manager.
- Undertake demographic analysis, including determining appropriate catchments for analysis
- Prepare fee proposals/expressions of interests under the guidance of a Project Manager/Director.
- Manage a range of projects under the guidance of a Project Director.
- Manage other junior staff including delegating, supervising and reviewing work.
- Work across a wide range of projects and services across the organisations diversified portfolios.
Who we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Policy, Social Research, Communications and/or a Built Environment related degree/discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Project Management experience managing social infrastructure planning, social impact assessment and social strategy projects.
- Experience within professional consulting services (highly desirable).
- Highly developed organisational and project management skills, with a nimble and positive attitude to manage a range of different projects and deliverables at the same time.
- Understanding and experience of planning, development or infrastructure approval processes.
- A strong team player with an interest in helping further develop our social strategy service offering
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills and IAP2 Certificate in Engagement (desirable).
About Ethos Urban
We believe bringing collective intelligence to complex decisions delivers a better urban experience. Our towns and cities are always changing and we know this creates choices that can make a difference to the quality of our urban living.
We believe we can always improve the urban life experience by creating engaging places that connect us to where we need to go, meet our changing needs and create opportunities for everyone to thrive.
For over 25 years our people have worked in partnership with the public and private sectors to provide them with the momentum to realise their ambitions for better places, communities and cities.
Why work with us
The business of creating a better urban experience is a complex one. It requires patience, diligence, intelligence and perhaps most importantly, a passion for making a difference to our experience of urban life.
What we do and the way that we do it is unique. We view each project as a complex puzzle that requires different perspectives and alternative angles to solve it. At Ethos Urban, no one individual ever has the answer. Its only when we bring people with different specialisations from different teams that we can see the full picture and then the way forward. We call it collective intelligence.
At Ethos Urban our people are constantly developing their skills, staying challenged, pivot in their careers and take their experience and expertise to places all over the world. The value we bring to our clients is intrinsically linked to the ongoing knowledge, varied experience and rich partnerships that we develop.
Clients choose us because we bring an elevated and multi-faceted perspective that helps us (and them) do the right thing by people and places not just for today, but for generations to come. At Ethos Urban we are committed to making a difference if you would like to join us on this journey, bring your expertise to the group and be part of creating better urban experiences.
Applications close Friday, 25th September 2020.