Join our staff of 50 engineers, scientists, technicians and analysts, Operating specialist surveying vehicles, Working with local goverments across the Eastern states of Australia.
BOTH IMMEDIATE & DEFERRED START AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
Are you considering a career change
Are you an organised individual Do you have an analytical mindset Do you desire to work and travel with a secure employer in these difficult economic times
If you have an elevated sense of personal responsibility, a natural interest in technology and believe in owning the outcome associated with your task at hand,
then we may be your employer of choice.
Infrastructure Management Group is a civil engineering consultancy providing inspection, analysis and renewal programming of road corridor infrastructure for local government. We are the national leader in this field and provide services to over 200 local councils throughout Australia. We believe in secure employment opportunities for our staff and will provide clear pathways for continued contribution and advancement within our expanding organisation.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are offering both permanent and casual roles to meet our operational requirements and fit the flexible life-style choices of contemporary workers. You will work in partnership with a like-minded co-worker, operating a range of on-board monitoring systems while navigating specialist surveying vehicles around the road networks of local municipalities. You may also work within a small team of skilled asset inspectors operating specialised footpath inspection vehicles which monitor the safety and service level of these important community assets.
Youll join our staff of 50 engineers, scientists, technicians and analysts based in our Melbourne or Sydney offices and youll work in a variety of interesting locations including most capital cities and over 100 regional areas around Australia. You will operate and care for our fleet of sophisticated road and footpath monitoring vehicles.
We will train you to the highest standards in all aspects of your employment requirements, including infrastructure condition monitoring, asset inspection and world best practice in public asset management operations.
You will travel extensively, working with different municipal governments in most Australian states and we will provide you with a comfortable standard of travel and accommodation wherever your role takes you.
You will require a positive and proactive attitude, along with:
- Minimum of 5 years of driving experience and excellent driving history.
- Efficient navigation skills with a strong ability to read maps and on-board GPS.
- A mature and considered disposition
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, specifically Word and Excel.
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to deal with a variety of personalities.
- An ability to grasp technical concepts and logically analyse problems
- An ability to use your initiative, work with uncertainty while still meeting deadlines and balancing priorities to achieve best results.
You must address the following in your response in a separate cover letter:
- Where in Australia are you currently located and are you willing to travel extensively whilst adhering to Government directives regarding Covid19
- Are you a resident or a visitor If visiting, you must have a suitable work permit.
- What year did you obtain your drivers licence
- Include a brief statement regarding your excellent driving history.
- A current drivers licence with a good driving record and at least 5 years of experience.
- An ability to travel constantly, living and working in a range of different Australian cities and rural locations whilst adhering to Government directives regarding Covid19.
- A sound command of the English language to comprehend and convey detailed technical concepts and instructions clearly.
- A logical thinker who is technically minded with the ability to take initiative.
- Non-resident applicants must have at least 8 months left on an appropriate working visa.
Please forward your resume and Cover Letter to the email address listed below when applying for this role.