Mesh & Bar Pty Ltd is a growing, innovative independent business with offices in all eastern states of Australia.
Our Company has a commitment to growth, safety and quality & are an ISO9001 & ACRS accredited company.
We manufacture and distribute steel reinforcement products and associated building products to the construction industry.
We currently have an opportunity for a permanent Key account manager with reinforcing steel product sales experience to join our team at our facility based in Sydney western suburb of Glendenning.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain and enhance positive working relationships with customers to build loyalty and maximise opportunities to secure future business
- Liaise with customers to ensure that their delivery programs are documented and comply with our lead times
- Liaise with Mesh & Bar departments and contract schedulers to facilitate the efficient supply of product to customers
- Maintain customer accounts ensuring accounts are up to date, credit and pricing
- Resolve customer issues, disputes or complaints in a prompt and professional manner, engaging with internal departments when additional expertise is required
- Maintain a strong knowledge or market activity, market prices and competitor activity.
To be considered for this challenging role the successful applicant as a minimum will require:
- Minimum 5 years experience as an account manager in the building industry, dealing with medium to large construction companies
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Able to read and understand architectural and structural drawings is desirable but not essential
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers quickly
- Ability to multitask
- Good written and oral communication skills
- General Microsoft Office skills
- Good organisational skills
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Possess a team player outlook
- Able to work with little supervision
- A desire to progress within our organisation.
This is a varied, busy and challenging role, with emphasis on a team environment, offering a variety of tasks. It is essential you are a self-starter and have flexibility in work hours.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Applications close 17th September 2020
Parramatta & Western Suburbs