Immediate start in a healthcare organisation based in North Ryde, Salary packaging benefit with Maxxia to maximise your take home pay., MQ Health's integrated approach delivers holistic patient care and treatment..
- Position available on a part-time (approx. 3 days a week), permanent basis
- Immediate start in a healthcare organisation based primarily in Macquarie University (North Ryde).
- Join an organisation at a time of growth and expansion and work in a supportive team environment
- Salary from $55,000 p.a (or pro rata for part-time), plus 9.5% superannuation and access to the full salary packaging benefit with Maxxia to maximise your take home pay.
Due to an expansion of our clinical services, we are seeking a candidate to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment as a Receptionist and Administrative Assistant. The role will be responsible for the provision of high-quality administrative support services to general and specialist practice clinicians in their clinic rooms (including our Physiotherapy Clinic). You will work as part of a team to ensure a high-quality patient experience and support clinicians in running an efficient and professional practice. The role requires a firm commitment to excellent customer service and patient-centred care. Key accountabilities include:
- Provide administrative support and liaise with patients in person and over the phone
- Manage patient appointments with clinicians
- Ensure patients are billed in an accurate and timely manner
- Update and maintain confidentiality of patient records
You will be an enthusiastic and professional individual who enjoys interacting with customers/patients to provide excellent customer service in each and every interaction. You will have previous reception and administration experience, preferably in a healthcare setting with experience using health-related software packages (Genie/Best Practice). You will enjoy working in a lively environment with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
If you are proactive in nature and appreciate working with patients, and are looking for an opportunity to work for a unique healthcare organisation with exposure to work in a multidisciplinary environment, then you will thrive in this role!
At MQ Health we unite the best clinicians, the most qualified researchers and the most dynamic teachers to lead the development of health and medical education and practice in Australia. We are Australia's first fully integrated university-led health sciences centre, combining excellence in clinical care with teaching and research. MQ Health brings together Macquarie University Hospital, MQ Health Clinics, and the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences.
MQ Health's integrated approach delivers holistic patient care and treatment informed directly by world-renowned research and continuous learning for improved patient outcomes, enhanced student experiences and more and better research.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate in your resume and a 1-page cover letter that you possess:
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication skills and ability to build rapport and empathise with patients
- Demonstrated commitment to high level of customer service delivered in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrated reception and/or administration experience – preferably working in a general or specialist medical practice or hospital setting
- Competency in health-related software packages Genie or Best Practice
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to uphold and be a steward of the Mission, Vision and Values of MQ Health.
This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ Health’s health requirements and requires a current and valid Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW. You may also have to satisfy MQ Health that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
MQ Health is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at MQ Health.