At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer.One of thelargest gold producers in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village
About The Role:
You will be responsible for the planning and site management of Operational Readiness activities for the D6 Dam and Mine Water Infrastructure project.
In simple terms the Operational Readiness Supervisor needs to do all things necessary to successful handover the project to the operational and maintenance teams and ensure that they are setup for success
In This Role You Will:
- Develop the testing and commissioning plan outlining key activities and a schedule to compete them.
- Coordinate and lead contractors undertaking commissioning work.
- Ensure QA/QC documentation is completed thoroughly and correctly and stored properly.
- Develop QA/QC documentation where necessary when gaps have been identified.
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring the project is commissioned safely and properly and is completed by the required project dates.
- Ensure compliance of commissioning contractors to all site procedures and policies.
- Manage commissioning contractors to ensure compliance with approved schedules, scopes and specifications.
- Keep Project Engineers, Contract Administrators and Cost Controllers informed of progress and any variations or deviations from plans.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- Relevant Engineering tertiary qualifications required, electrical or mechanical. (Electrical qualifications are preferred).
- Relevant supervisory experience
- Project commissioning experience, or otherwise an in-depth understanding of commissioning processes
- The ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.