Plan International is one of the oldest and largest childrens development organisations in the world, working with communities in 50 developing countries. We strive for a just world that advances childrens rights and equality for girls.
This is an opportunity for a highly competent and experienced Senior Program Manager specializing in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECD&E) to lead in the management and growth of Plan International Australias (P.I.A.) ECD&E program portfolio. Working within the International Programs team, you will work in partnership with PIAs partner offices to maintain and broker new partnerships, secure additional funding, lead and support existing programs and explore opportunities for innovation and different ways of working in the sector. This is your opportunity to shape and drive Plans program work in EC&E, which is central and critical to our ongoing vision and strategy.
- Lead the Early Childhood Development and Education portfolio development and partnership growth
- Lead the Early Childhood Development and Education Program Portfolio management.
- Provide ongoing technical support to colleagues in the Asia and the Pacific region.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive, demonstrated experience at a senior level in development contexts, with specific international experience in the ECD&E sector, and preferably experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Proven ability in brokering new partnerships, supporting new ways of working and driving innovative change.
- Experience in grant proposal writing, with a track-record of grant acquisition success, and experience with a range of donors, including DFAT.
- Significant experience working in cross-cultural settings, with Pacific experience and strong networks in the Pacific desirable.
- Post Graduate qualification in early childhood and / or education, gender and development (or equivalent)
Please view our Position Description for more details and role requirements
This is a 12 month maximum term, parental leave backfill contract.
Full-time or part-time (4 days a week, 0.8 EFT) hours.
Apply for our role
To be considered for the role, applicants must attach both, an updated CV and a cover letter clearly stating how their skills and experience meet each of the selection criteria,
Applications must arrive before 9am 11th September 2020
Plan International Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that embraces and celebrates diversity. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community because we believe diverse opinions and experiences will enrich our team and best represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe.
Plan has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is a child safe, girls rights organisation.
As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check and undergo psychometric testing.
Join Plan International Australia and help create justice for children and equality for girls.