Dynamic and rewarding career opportunity., Permanent, secure position with well-established MOUNT ISA based company., Attractive remuneration package plus relocation assistance & opportunities..
About the Organisation
- Fantastic opportunity for experienced Leading Hand looking to advance or Estimator/Planner wanting to refine skills.
- Join a well-established Australian business and experience Outback Australia.
- Attractive remuneration package plus relocation assistance & opportunities.
Heavymech Fabrication and General Engineering is the Mount Isa based division of Heavymech Pty Ltd, a general engineering company which operates workshops both in South Australia and Queensland.
Heavymech Pty Ltd currently employs 37 people in South Australia and 13 in Queensland, and operates from 4,500 m2 of workshops across Adelaide, Whyalla and Mount Isa.
Heavymechs Mount Isa division, Heavymech Fabrication, has over 30 years of experience producing a large variety of fabricated items and manufactured spares.
Heavymech Fabrication is the only fabricating workshop in Mount Isa that has a Furnace and Upsetter to forge a range of furnace bars. We can repair old bars and produce new ones.
Through our partners we can supply a range of cast and manufactured products including wear liners and other mining consumables.
Our capabilities include Fabrication, Welding, Forging, Pressed Products, Manufacturing and Procurement services.
About the Opportunity
Heavymech Pty Ltd now has an opening for either a Leading Hand (Fabrication) looking to advance their career into Estimating, or an Estimator/Planner wanting to refine their skills, to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. This role is based in Mount Isa, Queensland.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will primarily be responsible for sourcing work, identifying opportunities, and preparing quotes to deliver quality outcomes on behalf of the Company.
Additionally, you will work closely with the workshop staff to ensure that tendered work is scheduled and resourced appropriately.
More specifically, some of your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- building and maintaining strong business relationships with clients and suppliers;
- identifying opportunities to increase Heavymechs market share;
- preparing and documenting quotes or tenders that maximise profitable business outcomes and meet client specifications and expectations;
- developing plans and work schedules;
- ensuring tenders/quotes are completed within acceptable timeframes to required standards;
- coordinate day-to-day scheduling and delivery of works supporting workshop Team Leader and other staff as required;
- coordinating and working with the Store/Procurement Person by preparing work instructions and ensuring materials are sourced and are available; and
- working with suppliers to build reliable supply chain relationships.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for the position you will have:
- recognised trade qualifications;
- a good knowledge of and commitment to safe work practices;
- able to read isometric drawings and have a good knowledge of appropriate standards and procedures;
- experience with MIG, TIG and Flux Core;
- be a recognised team player and have the ability to work in a team based environment;
- good oral and written skills;
- good interpersonal skills, with the ability to supervise and delegate responsibilities to staff; and
- able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Leading Hands or Estimators to take the next step in their career and refine their skills within a trusted, multifaceted company.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, negotiable based on your skills and experience, including the use of a company ute and mobile phone.
Heavymech Fabrication and General Engineering is also offering relocation assistance, negotiable for the right candidate.
You'll enjoy fantastic job security, as well as ongoing opportunities for training and development if you are interested in further expanding your skills.
About Mount Isa
Also known as the Oasis of the Outback, Mount Isa offers a relaxed outback lifestyle and a close-knit, supportive community without sacrificing the amenities of city living. With a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, but none of the traffic or pollution, it's a fantastic place to live. From raising a family, or enjoying an outback adventure, regardless of your interests, Mount Isa offers something for everyone.
Home to the second biggest rodeo in the southern hemisphere, which draws visitors from around the world, Mount Isa also offers the perfect location to explore the nearby national parks, and Lake Moondarra reservoir, located just 17km north of the city centre, offers fantastic water-sport facilities, and excellent stocks of barramundi and sooty grunter.
All applications received will be assessed on their individual merits and abilities. Successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.