Opportunity with one of the top life insurance companies in Australia, Centrally located in the Sydney CBD (if you'd prefer not to WFH!), Employee benefits include flexible working and health & wellbeing allowance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The role of Tender Development Manager is to operationally manage the RFP response document as part of the Group Insurance Sales Team. Working with the Senior Sales and Tender Development Manager and Head of Strategic Partner Development, this role will assist in positioning MetLife as a leading provider of Group Insurance services and ensure the delivery of industry leading RFP responses, presentations and client facing engagements.
The role requires an exceptional level of communication and writing skills, a broad understanding of insurance and a high degree of stakeholder influencing and project management skills to coordinate across the business and execute on strategic solutions for prospective superfund clients. It also requires strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and an ability to build solutions in response to customer needs.
- Managing and driving MetLifes response to Tenders which may include:
- Support the Senior Sales and Development Manager in the overall delivery of all elements of the RFP such as arranging key meetings, capturing of minutes and actions, agendas and communication and follow-up.
- Coordination of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver technical responses.
- Production, Print & Design of Tender collateral.
- Support the management of site visits, presentations assets, workshops and pitches with the client.
- Protect MetLifes legal position by making sure all information in RFP packages accurately reflects current capabilities and complies with legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Support the proactive offer development so that MetLife remain at the forefront of MEF offers and services
Asset and Pitch library
- Development and maintenance of an asset library of the most up to date content for ease of tender development
- Establishing processes for updating the asset library.
- Reviewing the business assets in line with competitor and market knowledge to drive risks, opportunities and innovation
- Creating a continuous process to evolve MetLifes assets to prepare for future tenders
Internal Reporting and Presentation assets
- Support the Head of Strategic Partner Development in developing, maintaining and updating reports and dashboards to ensure visibility of actions and status.
- Coordination of presentation assets to Consultants and Prospects.
From time to time, initiatives will come arise from around the business that may need management to coordinate and/or implement.
- Qualified in a business-related discipline (Marketing & Communications)
- Possesses strong writing skills who can simplify complex topics into packs or documents
- Experience in production of tenders, reports and presentations, inclusive of design of collateral (preferable in the Insurance Industry (or related industries).
- Ability to work with the stakeholders across all business units and facilitate the development of solutions to business problems and summarise key business assets, processes and services.
- Demonstrated experience in quickly grasping concepts, providing creative solutions (within guidelines) and developing them to match the customers needs.
- Competent with Microsoft office (Word & Power Point, Excel).
- Knowledge of Superannuation and Group Insurance not essential.
- Coordination of large-scale, multidisciplinary tender and projects.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Team focused
- Strong service orientation and a customer focus mentality
- Results driven
- Adaptability & networking capability
What's in it for you
Great central location (when we return from WFH that is!)
Fantastic employee benefits including - flexible work arrangements, health & wellbeing allowance, access to corporate discounts through Perks at Work, additional purchased annual leave, super matching and free weekly fresh fruit.
Access to ongoing professional development, including study support and career progression within a leading global organisation.
Applications close Friday 11th September 2020
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.