- Band 8 $112, 572 to $126,155 plus 9.5% Super
- Temporary position: 12 months (project based position)
- St Kilda or During COVID-19 Pandemic, with Executive/DHHS direction, this role is able to work from home and is predominantly based online.
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
Lead the financial budgeting and reporting for the enterprise project portfolio. This is an opportunity to use your highly analytical and collaborative skillset to provide financial management advice and enhance the project portfolio processes, controls and systems
Skills and Experience
You will possess advanced skills and knowledge in project accounting with applied knowledge of broader enterprise portfolio, asset and project management.
Key priorities during this time include:
- Effective financial management of the annual Project Portfolio Build process
- Timely provision of accurate, high quality reporting and forecasting for the enterprise project portfolio
- Providing financial advice to support project related decision making and delivery including financial and funding analysis of business cases
- Assist in the development and implementation of the new module in the OneCouncil financial system solution - Strategic Asset Management.
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria which are located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be provided feedback.
Applications close midnight Monday 21 September 2020
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.