Prominent Peak Body, Work from home, Attractive salary packaging.
- Full time; 38 hours per week (5 days)
- Fixed term contract until 30 June 2021
- Salary range: $50,000 - $55,000 p.a. + super and with the option to salary package.
- Use your expertise to achieve positive outcomes
- Assist with NDS member support, event management and coordination and other sector activities
- Be part of a supportive team driving good practice in the disability sector
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non-government service providers.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
NDS is committed to fostering an inclusive and values driven work environment respecting the diversity of our employees, and the members and communities we serve.
NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
The Administration Officer engages with the daily running of the NDS Division in Queensland by assisting with NDS member support, event management and coordination and other sector activities.
The ultimate aim of this role is to provide support to NDS in promoting the development of quality services and life opportunities for Australians with disability, consistent with NDSs Policies and Strategic Directions.
It is expected that the position holder is aligned to, and demonstrates NDSs values of respect, teamwork and collaboration, leadership, innovation and accountability at all times.
- Contribute to the goals of the Queensland Division as an active team member by working on projects, participating in planning and goal setting, and providing support and assistance to other staff as appropriate.
- Manage bookings, catering and event preparations for the Queensland division.
- Respond to the Queensland Divisions phone calls, emails and general correspondence
- Support the efficient running of the Queensland Division office
- Provide administrative support to all Queensland Division staff including organising travel itineraries and arranging venue hire, data entry and reporting
- Assist in the Queensland Divisions continuous improvement and quality management practices and processes
- Other duties as advised by State Manage
Ad hoc duties
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Capacity to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility and responsiveness - customer focus
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a small office environment which requires a willingness to carry out a range of administrative responsibilities and contribute to general workplace duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in client/public contact role
- Computer literacy particularly in: Windows XP, Microsoft Office Programs, Microsoft Outlook and databases
- Events management skills highly regarded
What we offer
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: 13 September 2020. No agencies please.
If you have any requirements for the interview (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.