Who we are:
We believe strongly that all people should have a voice in their local government and digital-first engagement opens the door for more transparency between government organisations and the communities they serve. We help our clients understand community engagement best practices and how those practices can be applied using our software, EngagmentHQ, to ignite participation from their communities.
Founded in Australia in 2007, we have grown to be the leading community engagement platform globally, serving over 650 clients across Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States and the UK. We are a mission-driven company, in which all of our employees play an integral part in driving our mission forward, helping local, state and federal governments as well as emerging sectors, including healthcare and education, engage with and get input from their communities online.
About this role:
We are seeking a strategic and creative Product Marketing Manager to take our product communications to the next level. Your aim will be to create compelling and timely content to further build our product narrative and communicate the value of EngagementHQ to both clients and prospects. You will develop a deep understanding of our multiple personas and how EngagementHQ addresses their challenges and supports their needs. You will own our product messaging and communications for both existing and new business. As a global company, you will work with teams across all our territories, including our Product team in India, to execute product communications that drive business growth. In the role of Product Marketing Manager, you will be in a key position to help further evolve the Bang the Table brand and how we position our product in the global marketplace.
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and the Head of Product to define, manage and execute quarterly product launch strategies. You will also work closely with our Product Managers in both Australia and India to develop problem/solution narratives and build feature roll-out plans to maximise visibility, adoption and use of EngagementHQ. You will write blog posts, how tos, sales enablement pieces and fact sheets that communicate the value of a comprehensive community engagement platform. You will own our marketing demo site, building compelling examples for how the product can be used. You will understand how clients interact with the various tools and builders and create in-app product walkthroughs (via Intercom) to guide and simplify execution. You will build video demos, walkthroughs and write scripts that communicate key features across different audiences. You will have a deep understanding of our markets, our competitors and define our positioning and strategic messaging that resonates in each country. You can act independently and manage your workload in our project management tool (Asana) while also contributing to a lively and fun global team environment.
As a member of the Global Marketing Team, you will help support all marketing initiatives, develop content and product communications to support sales and engagement teams, globally.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Understand our clients, their challenges, and how our products are used.
- Understand our competitors and our advantage in the marketplace.
- Craft, implement and test strategic messaging across channels that speak to multiple sector audiences and target personas.
- Create content that helps facilitate the right conversation for our sales and engagement teams for buyers, influencers and detractors to purchase.
- Plan for and manage the release of new product features, including communication, timing, channel deployment and measurement.
- Work with Global Product Managers to coordinate release notes, promotion campaigns as well as internal and external communications.
- Develop product launch strategies to maximise feature and tool adoption from our clients.
- Partner with other members of the content and marketing team to create product content, emails and media that positions the product strategically in each market against our competition.
- Own our EngagementHQ demonstration sites to highlight the best product features and communicate how different tools work together to reach community engagement goals.
- Strategise and implement in-product messaging and walkthroughs to help educate clients on features and improve adoption across territories.
- Create product demonstration videos that highlight features, educate clients and facilitate conversations for our sales and engagement teams.
- Develop a cookbook as a resource for internal teams to reference for insight into our target audiences, use cases, competition and how the product solves various challenges within each of our territories.
- Be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the product team and company.
- Ability to create product-focused content, including release announcements, video demonstrations, write blog posts, social content, emails etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, across all mediums.
- Can storyboard, write and produce product demos and videos a plus.
- Can work cross-functionally with Product and Marketing teams in a global company culture.
- Can work independently, managing your workflow, deadlines and tasks within a team project management system.
- Understanding of in-app communication tools and how data flows between systems to trigger events and campaigns.
- Can work self-directed from your home office or in a team setting.
- WordPress and HTML knowledge a plus
Education & Experience:
- College Degree - Product, Business or Marketing related
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- 3+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience.
- Experience building a Product Marketing program from the ground up.
- Experience working with product teams to define product strategy.
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create digital content that supports product education and adoption.
- Video creation and marketing skills desired.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Creative problem solver
- Nimble, with the ability to thrive in a growth environment
- Ability to build relationships across organisations, teams and cultures
- Self-start that can manage your time and meet deadlines
We offer a flexible work environment (work from home), a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates, please send resume, cover letter and content portfolio.