Valrose has been engaged as the exclusive recruiter for the hire of Women in Technology WAs (WiTWAs) Community Administrator. This is an hourly rate contract position for around 20 hours per week.
Who you will be working with at WiTWA
Your main responsibilities will see you work daily with the WiTWA Chair, Deputy Chair and Techtrails Community Manager in the operational support of WiTWA; becoming a critical part of their mission to be The leading advocate of diversity, inclusion and equity for women in Tech [+]
You will also help coordinate the 20+ volunteers, made up of our Central Committee, plus our Events, Communications, Techtrails, Diversity & Inclusion, Partnerships and Conference Sub-committees.
Your role will enable you will rub shoulders with a diverse range of people in the WA tech community including our volunteers, supporters, sponsors, event speakers, educators, students and members.
Why people love being part of WiTWA
There is a genuine passion in the WiTWA team to create a better world - not only for ourselves and the community, but for future generations! Here are just a few quotes from the WiTWA team:
Amazing, talented women who challenge and make a difference encouraging girls with dreams to become women with vision. What a team!" Kay Hargreaves - Deputy Chair
"Being part of WiTWA has given me so much - growth, inspiration and increased my network of incredible people working to make WA an even better state to live and work" Alana - Partnerships Lead
"WiTWA is my happy place where I get to connect with and be inspired by other like-minded women, a place where we are building a better future for all women" Tracey - Events Lead
"Surrounding myself with visionary women that aims to make a difference in the lives of future generations!" Janet - Secretariat
"Foster meaningful connections that strengthen community and enable greater participation in STEM" Emmaline - Community Manager
"A welcoming environment, new learning opportunities and meeting like-minded professionals is what I love about WiTWA" Natasha - Events Sub-committee
"Being part of a tribe of humans who see what's possible and want to leave a meaningful legacy of inclusion, equality and diversity for the greater good. In other words; if not us then who, if not now then when" Pia - WiTWA Chair
Why you will love working at WiTWA
- You will have the opportunity to work part-time hours. This will start off as around 20 hours per week which can fit around your lifestyle - e.g. 5 hours a day across 4 days or 4 hours a day across 5 days
- You will be given the tools and support needed to work from home
- You will be part of creating real social change
- You will be part of a fantastic team, with a clear purpose; all working towards worthwhile goals
- You will get the opportunity to network with amazing, well-connected people in the WA tech community
What you will be doing at WiTWA
- You will be the first point of call for inquiries that come through to [email protected] inbox and directly to the Chairs email
- You will be a passionate advocate for WiTWA, confidently giving potential supporters an initial overview of WiTWA what we are about, why we do it and how we operate
- You will qualify requests from potential partners, sponsors, speakers and supporters. Making sure you are connecting people with the right WiTWA volunteer to assist (if there is an opportunity to do so); via introduction email, follow up call, or scheduling a meeting to move things forward
- You will keep the WiTWA CRM system (Hubspot) up to date with information from volunteers, members, sponsors and partners
- You will help keep volunteers on track with uploading information to Hubspot and G-Drive
- You will keep the WiTWA G-Drive folders, sub-folders and files organised; creating a logical site map for people to refer to when looking for information
- You will get the opportunity to support the Community Manager in the preparation and writing of proposal documentation
- You will manage diary priorities and arrange meetings for the Committee and Sub-Committees
- You will coordinate, track and follow up to help keep key projects and initiatives on track
What you will bring to the role
- Your genuine passion and drive for creating a more diverse and inclusive community for women in technology
- Your confidence to communicate with a diverse range of people in your role as the first point of contact and advocate for WiTWA
- Your keen organisational skills, spanning across both people and systems
- Your previous experience with CRMs (preferably Hubspot) and document management (preferable G-Drive)
- Your high level of both written and verbal communication, including writing professional content for reports and proposals
Who are WiTWA
WiTWA is a Perth-based, not for profit organisation providing a framework for women in tech [+] to extend their networks and expand their knowledge.
Established in 1998, WiTWA was formed as a network to support women who found themselves in heavily male-dominated industries. First incorporated as Women in IT WA in 2005, we re-branded to Women in Technology WA in 2010 and added the [+] in 2019 to acknowledge the range of backgrounds who use and advocate for tech every day.
Our supporter base is more than 4,000 strong and counting; WiTWA operates as a mission-driven not for profit network under the governance of a highly experienced group of women who are veritable champions for diversity, inclusion and equity for women in tech [+] in WA.
IF YOU CAN SEE HER, YOU CAN BE HER!
We focus on inspiring and enabling local women and young girls to see what is possible when boundaries are pushed, and biases suspended. We arm ourselves with tools and resources to find success and opportunity.
As a support, training and education network for women and girls in new, existing and emerging careers, WiTWA aims to increase diversity and equality in tech [+] roles and organisations across Western Australia.
About working with Valrose - We listen. We understand. We solve.
Valrose consultants work with you to understand where your character, aspirations, and skills will be most valued.
We will understand your priorities, whether they be financial, career progression, workplace culture or technology related. We will discuss the opportunity thoroughly, how it aligns to your career goals, and guide you through the whole recruitment process, providing expert advice and support from initial application through to offer.
We are trusted advisors to our clients, acting as an extension of their business.
We genuinely care about our candidates and love helping connecting people with great opportunities. If you would like to understand more about the above role, please do get in touch.
Humanity Success Integrity Accountability Curiosity
Diversity Welcome it. Entrust it. Celebrate it.
Within our business, we have created an environment where anyone, from any background, can bring their authentic self to work; celebrating our differences whilst working towards a common purpose. We believe this is not just the ethical thing to do, but its the intelligent thing to do. Diversity drives innovation!
The Valrose team enjoys building inclusive cultures and promoting equality for all.