Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Site Business Manager, the Business Analyst role is key to the business function of our Boddington Operation and impacts directly and indirectly upon commercial decisions of material significance to Newmont, through analysis, advice and the development and maintenance of control and reporting systems.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Completion of month end procedures and liaison between the Operations team on site and the regional accounting team so as to meet Newmonts Monthly reporting schedule, including; review and analysis of accruals and journals, ensuring accuracy and compliance with SOX controls, accounting policies and GAAP.
- Preparation of presentations and reports on costs, physicals and drivers for the monthly Departmental Cost Review meetings, Regional Operation Performance Review meetings and Business Plan presentation meetings.
- Working with the Department Managers and Superintendents to develop management accounting reports and KPIs to enhance sites cost control culture.
- Supporting the Senior Business Analyst and Site Business Manager in preparing the quarterly forecast and annual budget in accordance with guidance from both the Denver Corporate office and from the Australia Regional office.
- Coordinating and supporting the capital expenditure cycle from capital expenditure request to SAP Master Data, liaising with capital project owners for status updates and compiling forecasting and reporting requirements.
- Providing support to the business and operations team in financial and accounting activities, which includes end user support and training in SAP, improving the site financial literacy and cost improvement opportunities.
Who you are
- Tertiary Qualification Degree in Accounting CA/CPA
- Experience in similar roles or in an accounting role
- Exposure to the mining industry with site experience preferred
- MSOffice software, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Exposure to SAP or ERP systems
Applications close on Sunday, 20 September 2020
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmontdoes not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.