Great opportunity to gain niche industry experience, Partner with the business as a trusted financial advisor, Site based at Bowen Hills.
Queensland Rail is a powerfully integrated passenger and rail infrastructure business. We are driven to become a world leader in safety and customer service and all our people are highly valued and integral to our success.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Finance Business Partner to sit within our Operating Assets business, working with our Rollingstock and Facilities groups.
Based at our Depot in Bowen Hills, you will be a trusted financial adviser to all levels of the business, working closely to provide advice and support on all facets of accounting and financial management with emphasis on financial performance and risk-based compliance.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Analyse financial performance on a regular and ad-hoc basis to provide senior management with reports, analysis and advice on the impact of key financial and non-financial drivers and opportunities for improved performance.
- Develop management information and reporting systems which will facilitate a better understanding of the costs impacting on the Function by adopting an open, consultative and team-based approach.
- Coordinate budgeting and forecasting processes (including the analysis and documentation of key assumptions) as well as related reporting requirements and present the outcomes of these processes to management.
- Produce reports and statements, including those that are required from a regulatory perspective, using financial and non-financial data from within and outside of the Function.
You will demonstrate:
- High level of skill in analysing financial performance and provision of financial, accounting and commercial advice for all levels of management in a large and highly diverse organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic commercial and financial issues facing a large infrastructure business including an understanding and interpretation of complex business drivers as they impact business performance.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting standards, generally acceptable accounting principles and Legislation relevant to the financial administration and management of a large and highly diverse organisation.
- Experience working with SAP, or a similar integrated ERP system, will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this opportunity you will be degree qualified in Accounting or Commerce with eligibility for CA or CPA.
Ideally you will have experience working in a maintenance business with a strong emphasis on the ability to prepare, review and revise costings including labour, overheads and materials to ensure full cost recovery to capital and operational projects.
You will be able to provide ongoing financial advice relating to supply chain processes including detailed analysis of the procurement and allocation of inventory.
Interpersonally, you will have the ability to build strong business relationships at all levels. Your communication, consultation and negotiation skills will be at a high level to ensure effective liaison with our GM, Business Managers, Line Supervisors, Program and Project Managers.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8:00am, Monday the 14th of September 2020.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
External applicants will be subject to alcohol and other drugs pre-employment testing.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.