Immediate start, Collaborative team environment & positive culture, Exciting growth phase with future development opportunities.
About the business
Red Door Project makes beautiful homes. That's our day job. We're a full-service Design and Construct outfit, specialising in boutique residential projects. Of course, there are lots of designers and architects out there with yellowtrace and fabric swatches and builders with Big Ideas who say the same thing. So, what makes Red Door different
Well, for one thing, we're an end-to-end service, which means we handle everything in-house: architectural drafting, interior design, finishes and furnishing AND all the tricky construction details. Plus, we've got a track record of beautiful homes with happy clients scattered throughout Melbourne and beyond.
More important than what we do is how we do it. Red Door Project values honesty, authenticity and good communication. We're a friendly bunch and we speak like real people, not judges on cooking shows. (No "journeys" here, we promise.)
About the role
Specialising in Architectural renovations (with a couple of new builds thrown in for good measure) throughout Melbourne and beyond, RDP is a FUN and fast growing business on the hunt for an equally FUN, talented and inspiring Interior Designer who is motivated, positive, passionate and shares our core values- quality, authenticity, communication and accountability.
This part time (with a view to full time) position will see you collaborating and working closely with our tight-knit team on concept design phase, which involves briefing with clients, presentation, conceptual designing, artistic collaboration and documentation, right through design development, project tender & construction. You will also oversee management of project records and providing solutions and outcomes to ensure on time delivery of projects.
Benefits and perks
A rewarding starting salary and attractive incentives will be offered to the successful candidate in addition to career development opportunity & the chance to learn from a sensationally FUN team.
Skills, experience and requirements
- Immediate start, Melbourne-based
- Minimum of two years professional experience
- Completed qualification in Interior Design
- Proficient in InDesign, Revit & SketchUp
- Confident design skills that can be witnessed in your folio
- Strong design documentation skills
- Understand construction
- Exceptional communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to manage own work without supervision
- Shares core values of quality, authenticity, communication and accountability
- You must be able to carry out concept design and detailed design development, produce hand sketch drawings, material boards and finishes schedules for various sized projects including boutique residential homes
- Coordinate smaller projects and work as part of a team on larger projects
- Work as part of team in the production of interior documentation drawings
- Attend client and consultant meetings
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you.