Who we are
Australian Employment Services (AES) is a nationally recognised GTO and RTO operating in Tasmania. Our GTO team helps customers to develop and up-skill their workforce through technical and vocational skills including a range of apprenticeship and traineeship programmes.
We also supply labour hire services specialising in civil construction.
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced person to perform the role of business development and pastoral care for our Group Training Organisation (GTO), to manage key clients across a variety of industries throughout Tasmania and identify new opportunities for business growth.
Reporting to the CEO, your primary focus will be to develop and grow the business while maintaining relationships with key client stakeholders, trainees and apprentices, training providers, state training services, and apprenticeship centres.
This role will suit an individual who is self-motivated and is passionate about providing quality employees to a range of businesses throughout Tasmania.
Skills and Experience
In order to thrive in this position, the following attributes are highly valued:
- Comprehensive understanding of safety and a commitment to upholding safety standards
- Experience in Group Training and/or labour hire services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook
Ideally you will possess civil construction industry experience, however, applicants will be considered from a trade, recruitment, related sales or customer service background.
Management of labour hire employees
Management of Trainees and Apprentices, including:
- pastoral care ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to all trainees and apprentices
- monitoring training progression with both the apprentice/trainee and training provider
- performance reviews, management and disciplinary counselling
- recruitment and induction for new employees
- work health and safety management of workers
- workplace risk assessments
- general administration including reporting, timesheets and data entry
- compliance to client contractual requirements and the national group training standards
- monitoring state government apprentice & trainee awards
A current drivers licence and ability to travel within Tasmania is a mandatory requirement of the role. You will be provided with a mobile phone, laptop and company car and will be able to negotiate full or part-time hours. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team with a desired commitment to provide quality training and employment to new and existing employees.
To apply, send a current resume and a detailed cover letter linking your skills and experience to the key responsibilities .