SIA is the national peak body representing all Australian seafood businesses, Provide operational support to the CEO and SIA team, Work from your established home-office, with flexible hours.
Seafood Industry Australia (SIA) is the national peak-body representing the whole of Australias seafood industry with members from the wild-caught, aquaculture and postharvest sectors.
As the voice of Australian seafood, SIA provides consumers, Government and other stakeholders with confident and united representation.
We are a member-based, not-for-profit organisation with the mission to promote, protect and develop the Australian seafood industry at a national and international level.
About the role
This role is newly created with the view to increasing the capacity and reach of the organisation through effective and efficient resource management.
This role has been designed to provide executive support to the CEO, and general operational support to Program Managers and the Media and Communications Manager. The position requires open communication with the SIA team to ensure targets are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Implement Membership Strategy through:
- Member acquisition and retention activities;
- Schedule and manage meetings and opportunities for the CEO to secure new membership;
- Develop and maintain relationships with members and key stakeholders;
- Manage CRM database system, contact lists, documents and files.
- Provide quality and timely administrative support to CEO through:
- Maintaining an effective calendar and filing system;
- Produce high quality documents including draft responses, project plans, reports and correspondence for approval by the CEO;
- Support the CEO in the collation and distribution of board papers;
- Coordinate travel plans, make itineraries, and complete bookings;
- Prepare agendas and minutes of internal and external meetings and follow up matters arising as directed.
- Provide operational support to the SIA team through:
- Researching, newsletter drafts, website updates and other tasks that may arise from time to time.
- Organise and manage high-quality events including conferences, gala dinners, AGMs, board meetings and small presentations.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to proactively support a senior executive with their day-to-day operations including an ability to anticipate needs;
- Highly developed time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Ability to undertake research, analyse data and prepare summaries for reports, presentations or responses to enquiries;
- Ability to produce and manage successful events of varying sizes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High-level interpersonal skills and professional discretion;
- Flexibility to meet sometimes rapidly changing priorities and variable working duties, including flexible working hours and the ability to respond to tasks out of hours as needed;
- The capacity to work collaboratively, or alone using initiative to complete tasks;
- High-level attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and high-level general computer software skills;
- Basic working knowledge of CRM systems and WordPress CMS, or similar;
- Operational knowledge and experience with MailChimp and social media platforms.
Hours, salary and conditions
- Salary is $48,000 p.a ($60,000 pro-rata);
- 0.8FTE per week;
- You will work from home and be flexible with hours worked;
- Some out of hours administrative support may be required;
- You will be provided a laptop for use in your role.
Is this the opportunity you have been waiting for If so, apply today. Applications close Friday, September 18.
At SIA we realise the right candidate is not always located on our doorstep and as such, employees work from their established home-office. Location is flexible.
SIA values the awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.