Values driven company, Excellent salary + dedicated training budget, Fast paced environment.
At Gorilla, we help companies grow with smart digital marketing. To achieve that, we hire passionate and proactive people.
We're currently looking for an experienced accounts manager to join the team in a leadership role.
You'll manage the finances and bookkeeping for the business and provide administration support to the directors and team.
A quick overview
If you'd love to work in a supportive, energetic team, for a company with a great culture, you'll love this role.
We're looking for a passionate organiser and problem solver. Someone with strong attention to detail - who is rarely satisfied with the status quo.
You'll need strong experience in accounts or bookkeeping and Xero. Plus you'll have the drive and experience to manage business operations and support the directors.
As a marketing agency, we provide marketing services to companies small and large. We've grown on the back of honesty, transparency and loving what we do.
We're looking for someone who matches our values and has exceptional skills to match.
We're passionate about hiring highly skilled and ambitious team members, so will provide you with a competitive salary package that matches your skills and experience.
At Gorilla, we love seeing our team progress.
- Progress your skills and experience
- Progress/promotion to the next internal role
- Progress your salary and rewards
In fact, over the last 12 months we've handed out salary increases and promotions across the entire team - all based on effort and results of course.
Your experience and skills
We're looking for an experienced accounts manager who is eager to contribute in a leadership role.
As part of the management team, you'll work closely with the Directors and Account Director to manage the business and team.
Our team will look to you as the owner of business finances, client contracts and HR.
You'll also need to roll up your sleeves to help with admin and prepare documents for clients.
We're looking for someone with strong experience in:
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Managing payroll, super, BAS, IAS
- Liaising with accountants
- Reporting on business performance
- Providing administrative support to the business
- Utilising technology to improve efficiency
You'll report to the Directors and be responsible for hands-on management of the company finances.
This role is based in our office in Newcastle West. You'll join 11 local team members and liaise with remote team members in Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
As part of the role, you'll manage all aspects of company finances and financial reporting for the company.
Key duties will include:
- Managing client invoicing and contractual agreements
- Account reconciliation
- Team payroll and payments to contractors and suppliers
- Following up creditors on overdue payments
- Manage annual and sick leave
- Calculation and submission of tax office payments
- Supporting the directors
- Overseeing the team and administrative operations
- Preparing documents for clients
We're a specialist digital marketing agency who genuinely love helping our clients become more successful.
The majority of our team are based in Newcastle but we also have remote team members scattered in locations throughout Australia.
We're not the biggest or smallest marketing agency. Over the last 9 years we've grown organically and are lucky to have a great team of friendly people and an awesome bunch of clients.
We're always selective about the clients we work with. We aim to make sure we're a good fit for each other and can help our clients smash their goals.
Most importantly, values drive everything we do. We're here to do great work, look after our clients, have fun and make Gorilla a great place to work.
The people we hire
We're selective about the people we hire. We have a great team of honest, hard working people and we aim to find new team members that fit our culture.
We look for people who:
- Are values driven
- Are self motivated
- Love, love, love helping clients succeed
- Have epic skills
Why we're different
There's 3 big reasons why we're different to a lot of other marketing agencies:
#1 - We're totally dedicated to our clients' success. That means putting the client first and rolling up our sleeves to deliver great results. It also means providing exceptional communication and advice to help our clients be as successful as they can be.
#2 - We help our team members grow and develop. Every team member gets a $2000 annual training budget. There's also training time + out of office training days to help accelerate learning.
#3 - We're serious about rewards and progression. Over the last 12 months we've handed out countless bonuses and pay rises. We reward our team for getting results and growing their value to the team.
The hiring process
Still interested Awesome :)
We'd love to receive your application. Here's what you need to know about the process:
- Once your application is received, we'll contact you for a quick chat to learn more about you, your skills and experience.
- 5 or fewer applicants will progress to the second round (where we will conduct in person
How to apply
If you're ready to apply, awesome :)
Here's what to do next:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter
- Include the word 'salmon" so we know you've been paying attention (hint - most people miss this!)
- Send your application via SEEK (Please don't email them, or submit via our website)