Accelerate your career with Australia's leading commercial space company, Achieve with a team of driven and talented peers, Get hands on through design and manufacture of new launch vehicles.
Launching Australias Rocketry Future
Black Sky Aerospace is Australias leading sub-orbital rocket manufacturer and launch services provider. Our mission is to provide responsive, flexible, and cost-effective access to space.
From our facility in South East Queensland, we design, manufacture, and test a range of innovative, market leading sounding rocket and solid rocket motor solutions that have been sought out by aerospace primes and the Defence Force alike.
Since our inception in 2018, we are the first-and-only Australian company to successfully launch a commercial rocket, and have recently been awarded the Manufacturer's Monthly Endeavour Awards 2020 for Outstanding Start-ups.
Join us as we launch our nations space industry future.
Igniting your career
Black Sky Aerospace is building a unique Australian capability in solid rocket motors and launch platforms that aims to bring innovation, agility, and responsiveness to the commercial launch and Defence markets.
Were seeking passionate, talented, and insightful graduate and junior engineers in aerospace, mechanical, mechatronics, computing, chemical, and electrical disciplines to join us as we grow an exciting and dynamic team.
Whether your passion lies in the chemistry behind solid fuel propulsion, the subtleties of aerospace structures and composites, the scalability of automation and digital manufacturing, the logic of avionics and electrical systems, or anything in between youll find a home here.
If successful, youll be working with a team of internationally experienced chemists, aerospace engineers, rocketry technicians, and energetics specialists using industry leading technologies to develop the next generation of Australian launch vehicles, munitions, and solid rocket motors.
This is an amazing opportunity to accelerate your career in one of the most exciting and respected industries globally. Like most start-ups, youll need to be willing to get in and do what it takes to deliver, to be self-directed and initiative taking, and to innovate to find new and better ways of doing things.
While our expectations are high, youll have the support and guidance of a driven, diverse, and highly capable team that is actively interested in enabling your personal success and collective achievement.
Space is the next frontier, and rockets are the vehicle to this exciting future. If you share our passion for exploring the unknown and building an inspiring future by enabling access to space, then we want to hear from you.
Heres what were looking for in you:
- A bachelors degree (or higher) in aeronautical, aerospace, mechanical, mechatronic, computing, software, chemical, or electrical engineering.
- 0 to 3 years of post-graduate engineering experience, with Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- The energy, intelligence, and initiative to proactively engage in meaningful problem solving.
- The creativity and curiosity to explore alternative approaches and uncover unique solutions.
- The people skills and collaborative focus that brings out the best in yourself and others.
- The conscientiousness and structured approach to working that brings clarity and focus, enabling yourself and your teammates to efficiently and effectively deliver on a diverse range of projects.
What we expect
Our top performers:
- Deliver outstanding work with minimum guidance and manage time and priorities effectively.
- Are multi-disciplined and adapt quickly to the needs of the situation.
- Provide well considered technical input and expect a lot of themselves.
- Take an investment approach to themselves and their work, always looking to build scale-able, open ways of collaborating while delivering in line with project targets.
A typical day on site
At BSA, were looking to help you develop into a well-rounded, technical and strategic problem solver with a solid set of foundational skills across the full product development lifecycle. As a result, your work on a daily basis will be diverse, and focused at the intersection between what the organisation needs and your areas of strength, interest, and areas of development. This can include:
- Designing, analysing and simulating the performance of new launch platforms
- Getting hands on manufacturing our suite of launch vehicles
- Creating product catalogues, manufacturing process instructions, and safety manuals
- Mapping out project deliverable in line with organisational strategy
- Developing organisational capability and advancing the organisations technical sophistication
To be considered, please provide the following
- A 2-page CV, outlining your education, skillset, and experience
- A 1-page cover letter outlining why you want to work at Black Sky Aerospace and how you feel you can best contribute to its success
- A copy of your academic transcripts
- A portfolio of you work, demonstrating your passion for design, manufacturing, and engineering, with a focus on extracurricular activity, provided in either:
- Slideshow format - 3 slides, high level overview (focus on graphical content); or,
- A link to your personal website, GitHub profile, or similar
Wed love to hear from students seeking internships, and more experienced engineers as well. Please clearly state how your experience level differs from the description here, and the type of role youre looking for.
Engineering Application YOUR NAME before the 24th of September 2020.
Please note that, due to the nature of the work we do, a background check (through the National Police Certificate) will be required.
While we appreciate the time and energy that goes into every application, due to the volumes we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates. We wish you all the best!