To our valued community; As the novel coronavirus COVID-19 continues to impact our community and daily lives, we want to assure you that we are monitoring developments very closely and taking all appropriate action. Keeping this in mind, please be aware that our recruitment process, while going ahead as usual, may take longer than average, and we ask that you remain patient during these prolonged periods.
Here at City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
A vacant position exists for a qualified Building Surveyor or a licensed Pool Safety Inspector to work in Development Compliance (Building) Section of Council. The occupant of the position will carry out technical and administrative support and investiges allegations, disputes and customer requests in relation to pool safety standard and compliance with the legislative requirements and regulations of the Pool Safety Standards, Building Act, Building Code of Australia, Queensland Development Code.
This position requires the occupant to carry out a variety of pool safety and compliance tasks including, but not limited to the following key duties.
- Review of development approvals and plans as required
- Carry out and document pool safety inspections and investigations
- Prepare file notes/ inspection reports, correspondence, notices and letters, in accordance with Development Compliance processes
- Carry out enforcement action and manage the demands of the position, customers and high workload while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Other duties that may be directed by the supervisor or management.
- Good knowledge of the Pool Safety Standard, Planning Act, Building Act, Building Code of Australia, Queensland Development Code, and the City Plan
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of workload management, documentation and prioritising tasks
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence Class C and a WHS Licence General Construction (White Card)
- Working in a team environment, negotiation and mediation skills.
Applying for this position
Please ensure that in your cover letter, you identify how your qualifications and experience address some or all of the key duties and requitments of the role.
The Selection Process
As part of our selection process, you may be required to undertake a one way video interview via SparkHire, and a face to face interview or virtual interview via Microsoft Teams or Skype.
You may also be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks, psychometric testing and skills testing; As well as drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Please note applications for all of our vacancies close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
Applications Close: 06/09/2020