Warehouse Wonderperson please apply
We are a boutique, family run wholesale business specialising in gift and home wares for the retail market. With one of our long-time staff members heading into retirement a unique opportunity has presented itself for someone to join our tribeASAP!
If you are looking for a diverse role within a friendly team, & want to enjoy waking up for work each daylook no further!
While we get the job done, we certainly have a bit of fun doing it! And although its a relaxed environment, our reputation for excellence amongst our customers is second to none. They have come to expect a high standard, & our focus on maintaining this is important.
To be successful for this role
- Your Experience in a similar role is required (no less than 2 years)
- Experience in the gift & home wares industry preferred
- Exceptional Organisational skills are a MUST
- Your attention to detail will be second to none
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Light physical labour
- Pick, pack & dispatch
- Unloading containers/pallets on stock arrival
- Stock replenishment & regular manual stock counts
- Entering consignments to in house freight program
- Assisting with Trade Fair set up, layout & logistics of stock
- Regular mail drops to local post office (using your own vehicle)
- General housekeeping of the warehouse
In addition, you will need to demonstrate:
- Reliability getting to work on time, every time!
- A Flexible attitude with a willingness to learn
- The ability to handle a multitask environment with ad hoc duties
- Working well with others
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Sound level of numeracy & literacy skills
- The ability to take initiative & be a forward thinker
- A willingness to accept direction from management
- Positivity & enthusiasm!
A flare for merchandising will be a bonus!
Ultimately, you will become our go to person for the warehouse organisation & processes so were looking for a committed person who will be the right fit to move & change with our business. Someone who is willing to perform a variety of tasks & is not afraid to take on extra duties when required. This is a physical role where you will be on your feet the majority of the day so a sound level of fitness will help.
Being a casual position, you can expect hours to vary depending on the needs of the business, however you will be required to work Monday-Friday up to, but not limited to approximately 30 hours per week.
You will hold a current Australian drivers license & have your own transport as reliability is a must.
In return for your amazing qualities & commitment you will be rewarded with an excellent employer, a fantastic work environment & an industry standard award rate of pay.
This role is only open to Australian residents &/or citizens.
If you believe you're the perfect fit for our family oriented team we'd love to hear from you.
Kindly note that only successful candidates will be notified.
We do thank everyone in advance for their applications.