Communications Coordinator 4 Days per Week
White Room International - Milperra NSW
White Room International is the home of great brands such as Carve, SMP, Drift Eyewear, Ecosol Sunscreen and Amco Jeans. WRI has built an enviable reputation for design, development, product, quality, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution. The company has now utilized its long term experience and focused its efforts on becoming a major force in the area of international eyewear business.
We are searching for a talented and professional Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic marketing team. Your duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role.
The successful candidate will help create promotional materials, contribute to the development of company websites, organize meetings and presentations, and interact with clients to effectively deliver our companys message to the public and the media. You must possess superb written and verbal communication skills, and have in-depth knowledge of marketing trends
- Write content for both print and Web including the company website, blog, brochures, and newsletter.
- Plan and implement a communications strategy.
- Monitor the companys social media and online presence.
- Organize, direct and execute sponsored events.
- Recommend techniques to improve the companys public image.
- Make sure that all promotional and marketing materials meet the companys brand identity strategy.
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Coordinate meetings, press conferences, and presentations.
- Exhibits proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Works well with a variety of different individuals
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a marketing or communications position.
- Possess a solid understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Be able to communicat clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
A communications coordinator spends a significant amount of time in an office setting, designing promotional materials and overseeing the marketing department. He or she will also travel locally to visit clients, and to oversee sponsored events. Communications coordinators generally work 32 hours per week, though some overtime and evening or weekend shift may be necessary when promoting certain events or product launches.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with a CV and a cover letter. The position will remain open until filled. As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible. Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
NO Employment Agencies
Please note, applicants without relevant experience and who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary and Package commensurate with experience.