part-time; 20 hrs per week, spread across 5 days (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm), flexible work arrangement; work from home or the office (located in Ultimo), 3 yr contact, with possibility to extend permanently.
About the Australian College of Midwives (ACM)
ACM is the national, not-for-profit member based organisation and the peak professional body for midwives in Australia. We:
Advocate for midwives and midwifery;
Support the professional of midwifery;
Advance professional practice and education standards;
Provide marketing and communications to advance ACM and to advance midwifery in Australia.
The ACM head office team is spread across three small offices located in Canberra, Adelaide and Sydney. The team is responsible for providing national advocacy and representation; hosting events, driving education and professional development, delivering publications and other services to members; and supporting the Board of Directors, other ACM committees and state branches of ACM predominantly made up of professional midwives working on a voluntary basis. The team liaises regularly with a wide range of other stakeholders, organisations, government and individuals.
About the position
The Social Media Officer within the Marketing & Communications Team can either work in the Sydney office or from home.
The Social Media Officer is responsible for driving engagement on ACM socials including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and converting members via this engagement. They will collaborate on the creation of social media campaigns promoting ACM events, CPD and merchandise and implement agreed strategy. The Social Media Officer will also respond to all messages and replies in a timely manner.
The Social Media Officer will be responsible for launching social media accounts for two new associated brands.
This is a varied role suited to a self motivated individual with a sound understanding of or connection to midwifery and/or maternity care in Australia. This is a part time role offering total flexibility provided you are available for conference calls or phone catch ups in agreed business hours. This role reports to the Communications Officer and works closely with ACM Midwifery Advisors.
The successful applicant should address the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in managing Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for business; developing, curating and scheduling engaging content on all platforms.
- Experience creating campaigns in Facebook Ads Manager.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to write punchy copy appropriate to the topic and audience while maintaining a unified brand voice;
- Demonstrated ability creating and editing video and images.
- Experience reviewing analytics and creating reports on key metrics.
- Sound understanding or experience of midwifery and maternity care in Australia;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and be motivated while working effectively as a member of a team.
Applying for this position
Your application should include:
- A covering letter;
- A statement of suitability against all selection criteria (to be successful, please individually address each of the selection criteria);
- A current curriculum vitae; and
- The name and contact details for 2 referees, one of whom must be a direct line manager.
Applications close at 5pm on 4th September 2020.
The Australian College of Midwives believes in equal employment opportunities and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.