Permanent, part-time role in interesting industry, Each day is different, you will be busy, and time will fly, You will be a valued part of a team and integral to our on-going success.
Receptionist / Clerical Support
COGNITION is a well-respected and long-standing psychology practice. We are looking for a mature-minded person to join our busy office support team - someone who is warm and responsive but task-focused and able to get the job done with a minimum of fuss. We seek someone who has 'quiet confidence' and is resilient.
Being the first point of contact with COGNITION, the person must take pride in themselves and their workplace. The ideal person will be organised, tidy and professional, motivated to work hard and perform well and have a can do attitude.
Due to the nature of our work, confidentiality is paramount in every aspect of this position and the person we seek will be expected to work in sensitive situations.
This is a permanent part-time position of 32.5 hours per week, consisting of: Monday to Thursday, 12 noon - 6.30pm and Friday, 9am - 6pm.
We are looking for a candidate for an immediate start.
Flexibility to do more hours on occasions is highly desirable (e.g., to cover sick leave and holiday leave).
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN RECEPTION / ADMINISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL. DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT MEETING THIS CRITERIA.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, it is essential that you have:
- a calm, quiet and approachable manner
- attention to detail (while not a slow worker, accuracy not speed is paramount)
- competent and proficient computer skills
- good spelling and numeracy skills
- ability to think on your feet & multi-task
- a common sense and practical outlook and be ready to 'pitch in'
- the ability to work efficiently and under pressure
- professional presentation and be clear in speech
- an understanding of the realities of working in a small, private sector business, where every person's contribution counts, and every day is busy
Current Police Check / Vulnerable Person / Working with Children Clearances are required or willingness to obtain these if successful in obtaining position (will be paid for by the company).
** PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted candidates may be asked to undertake psychological assessments relevant to the job position **
Please request a Position Description and then write to us explaining why you can do the job and why you want it. Please send a current resume and 2 referees.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 18 September 2020.
If we find the right candidate, we will appoint earlier, so if you are the perfect match, do not delay sending your application.