Contract opportunity until June 2024, High value infrastructure projects, Newly created position.
Your new position
- Contract opportunity until June 2024
Major Projects Group is responsible for the investment planning and delivery of a billion dollar program of works over the next 5-10 years, which includes a range of high value capital projects across the bulk water supply network. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing a variety of projects including water treatment facilities, dams, major pipelines and associated civil, mechanical and electrical works.
Your role is to lead and manage the project development and delivery of complex new asset and asset improvement projects ensuring that quality, financial and output targets are met, while maintaining effective stakeholder and community relationships.
You will ensure that Business Case and project planning/development is progressed through defined stages, so as to achieve investment and project approval. As appropriate, the role may then carry forward to the management of the procurement, delivery, commissioning and handover to Seqwater Operations.
Your work will be undertaken in accordance with Seqwater and State Government processes, guidelines and project management procedures. You will oversee a project team incorporating functions of engineering, project controls, procurement/contracts, approvals and heritage, property, risk management, stakeholder engagement and communications. You will engage with internal and external project stakeholders and be responsible for providing various forms of project reporting and presentations.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in this role you will be a tertiary qualified Project Manager with extensive experience managing the development and/or delivery of large-scale infrastructure projects in the water sector. Experience must include complex and multi-disciplinary projects in excess of $25M.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- High level knowledge of key areas of project management body of knowledge (PMBOK) and/or accreditation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the project development and delivery of large civil and electrical project works, buildings, water infrastructure and treatment systems.
- Experience in contract management, including knowledge of requirements of various Australian Standards of General Conditions of Contract, permits, approvals and delivery and risk models related to delivery of projects.
- Previous project experience involving Queensland State government agencies and entities will be highly regarded.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 4th of September 2020