Marist College Ashgrove is a Roman Catholic day and boarding school for boys, located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane. The college has a primary school for students in grades 5 to 6 and a high school for students in grades 7 to 12.
The College has a vacancy for a Payroll Officer from 15 September 2020 or a suitably negotiated date. This is a full-time continuing position . It is remunerated at a Level 5 School Officer position ($33.5342 per hour) for 38 hours per 5 day week, exclusive of 30 minutes allocated for lunch. Typical weekday hours are 8:00 am – 4:06 pm. Please note this role is not term time.
We are currently seeking a passionate Payroll Officer to be accountable for providing administration and operational support to the payroll process. In addition to the payroll process, this role will manage the day to day finances of the College Foundation.
The ideal applicant will be required to:
- Accurately collect, coordinate & process payroll data
- Process fortnightly pay runs for 300 + staff members
- Calculation and processing of employee terminations
- Actioning complex payroll queries in a timely manner
- Calculating and processing of superannuation contributions, including maintaining clearing house data & ensuring payments are completed by the legislated timeframes
- Administration of payroll deductions and payments
- Year-end processing and reconciliation
- Maintain the finances of the College Foundation
- Periodic & adhoc reporting as required
Essential Selection Criteria:
- A commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College;
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children);
- Minimum 5 years end to end payroll experience in a medium to large payroll environment
- Experience using TASS payroll or the ability to acquire this
- Experience using Kronos time keeping or similar time keeping system
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills and the ability to develop these further
- In depth experience with Award & EBA interpretation
- Excellent time management with the ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Ability to act with integrity and be customer focused, friendly & approachable
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application - please check your junk folder if you are unable to find this email.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Monday 7 September 2020 at 5:00pm
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.