ASX200 Listed Organisation, 12 Month Parental Leave Contract, Competitive Remuneration.
About Collins Foods Limited
Collins Foods Limited (CFL) is an ASX200 company with operations dating back to 1969 when CFL opened the first KFC restaurant in Queensland. Fast forward 50 years and CFL is now the largest franchisee of KFC Restaurants in Australia operating 250+ KFC restaurants across Australia and Europe, as well as Sizzler restaurants in Australia and Asia, and Taco Bell in Queensland and Victoria.
Based in Hamilton, Brisbane, the CFL Support Centre is the main hub for above-store staff who support a workforce of over 14,000 employees across Australia.
About the Role
Due to upcoming parental leave, CFL are recruiting a Group Financial Controller (GFC) to oversee our finance team in a maximum term contract capacity. The successful GFC will directly lead a team of four senior finance professionals (20+ indirect) and be responsible for all group accounting functions and will work closely with payroll, tax and treasury teams.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ongoing leadership and development of the Accounting and Administration team
- Build and maintain strong business partner relationships with relevant department heads including CEO and Chair of ARC
- Maintain appropriate system of internal control
- Maintain ongoing and effective group compliance through the application of accounting policies
- Lead all management and statutory reporting including approval from board auditors
- Monitor cash flow and determine borrowing needs as required
- Assist in determining appropriate capital structure
- Monitor compliance with financing covenants
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with banks
- Reviewing and signing of tax returns
- Support group tax planning and compliance
- Coordinate necessary meetings of directors and shareholders, including agendas and minutes
- Assist in preparation of Half and Full Year road show presentations and press releases
- Provide project SME guidance and support on the implementation of new accounting system and optimise other business systems and processes
- Manage insurance
Coupled with demonstrated experience in a similar senior finance or leadership role, the candidate will ideally possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business, Commerce or Finance as well as post-graduate (or nearing completion) and CPA qualifications
- Professional experience in retail/multi-site environment advantageous, though not required
- Strong leadership skills with an effortless ability to lead by example
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders across the wider business
- Able to exercise sound independent judgment and responsibility
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Why work for CFL
As an ASX200 organisation, there are many advantages to working for an international brand such as CFL. In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Access to a formal mentor program
- The option to participate in a market leading Workplace Giving Program
Applications for this role will close on Friday 4th September 2020.
Please note, the successful applicant/s will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests which may include a National Police Check and qualifications checks.
CFL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as such, all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment for which they qualify, including the option of flexible working arrangements where applicable.