Competitive salary based on experience and performance, Flexible workplace, opportunity to work from home, Fun and inclusive workplace culture.
RAMUS Pty Ltd is a Melbourne based business founded in 2006 by Canadian Artist Bruce Ramus.
RAMUS diverse and innovative body of work integrates with new technologies to make art with light. The purpose of our work is to reflect the quality of light in all people and reflecting this on buildings and public spaces both nationally and internationally. We work with light and seek to bring cities, people, and cultures together through the communication and connection of light. Our artworks are where people are in public, in entertainment, commercial precincts, and civic spaces. We work locally and globally at all scales, bringing a distinct nuance and inclusiveness to reflecting the quality of light in all people.
Over the years, as we engage in exciting and significant large projects, RAMUS has moved to the forefront in media architecture leading our team to grow rapidly and evolve to the next level. Due to this expansion, the opportunity exists for a Senior Design Lead to join our talented team and contribute to bringing unique and compelling artworks to realisation.
We are seeking a creative and insightful designer with a minimum of 7 years experience (ideally in a large-scale lighting/architectural/ creative studio setting) and solid experience in managing the design process of creating installation art while applying your LX, VX and installation skills.
You will thrive in a fast paced and agile environment and your technically minded, exceptional communication and creative flair will be accomplished using your proficient competency in 3D design (Rhino preferred), Adobe CC (AE,PP,PS & AI), Architectural visualisation and Animation/Video/Interactive Software.
Further, you will have:
- Experience in modelling complex mechanical assemblies and physical prototyping for electromechanical assemblies
- A background in Architecture and/or Industrial design
- Experience managing the design process preferably in construction or commercial interiors projects
- Ability to be communicate at all levels and relay information in a timely manner.
- Remarkable verbal, written, and graphical communication skills, with an understanding of the big picture and an eye for detail
- High level of proficiency in Rhinoceros 3D and Grasshopper, Fusion 360 and Solidworks will also be beneficial.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modelling and visualisation (V-Ray preferred), and technical drawing in CAD (AutoCAD preferred)
- Ability to be mechanically minded and rigorous design thinker
- Excellent relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to thrive in teams and to receive design critique
- Confidence presenting to both internal teams and project stakeholders
- A qualification in a relevant design discipline (architecture, lighting design, industrial design or media design.)
In return, the successful applicant will work in a creative and contemporary studio with an innovative and inspiring team. Together with the Artistic Director and Project team you will be enthused as you develop and see extraordinary visions come to life and celebrate the achievement of captivating and remarkable light installations.
- Free Onsite Parking
- 7kms from CBD
- Spectacular views of the Inner West and CBD
- Close Public Transport (7-minute walk from Seddon Station)
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Half an hour Gym sessions twice a week
- A fully stocked break area with the finest coffee/tea, fresh fruit and snacks
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Monthly celebration of team member birthdays
- Development and support of your career path through the Shine Your Light RAMUS Performance Journey.
A Position Description is available upon request.
All applications will be treated in confidence and only successful applicants will be contacted.