Newly created role to spearhead our Content and Communications domain, Work with us to share the amazing stories of our Veterans and RSL Queensland!, Great opportunity to take your content & communications career to the next level.
Building Bright Futures
Were not who you think we are...
Our focus on building a brighter future for Australias veterans is as strong as ever, and were doing it in amazing and innovative ways! From evidence-based interventions that make a real difference to veterans quality of life, to a best-in-breed tech platform that supports and enables veterans through membership, service delivery, and our Sub Branch network.
With Australias most successful prize home lottery backing us, youll have access to the best technology, skilled co-workers and interesting projects that will allow you the opportunity to grow your career with us.
About the role
The Head of Content & Communication will spearhead the development and deployment of compelling marketing and communications content and channel development initiatives which will aim to rapidly scale the size of our owned channels, and drive leading levels of engagement across all of our paid, owned and earned communication channels.
A subject matter expert in Content Marketing, they will lead a team of multidisciplinary professional specialists - social media management, media relations, graphic design, videography, and print production, supplemented by agency partners and enable our full marketing team to consistently demonstrate best practices in the use of content to achieve marketing goals.
Collaborating closely with their Marketing peers (the Heads of Membership and Services Marketing, Commercial Marketing, and Brand Marketing) they will develop original content, stimulate and amplify user-generated content and build RSL Queenslands engagement platforms, to accelerate the achievement of our Marketing missions: member growth, revenue growth, brand affinity and veteran advocacy.
What youll be doing
- Rapidly scale target audience membership of and engagement with RSL Queenslands owned communication channels so that these become the premier platforms for engagement among our constituencies (members, veterans, their families, influencers, other stakeholders in veteran affairs, and lotteries customers/prospects).
- Stimulate best practice levels of engagement between RSL Queensland our constituencies in our paid, owned and earned communication channels.
- Personally ideate compelling original content which accelerates the achievement of RSL Queenslands marketing missions, and stimulate similar creative ideation across the broader marketing team.
- Develop an integrated content creation and deployment strategy, and supporting calendar, across all stakeholder groups, ensuring optimal timing and frequency of content delivery by constituency.
- Establish policies and procedures, across all owned communications and social media channels, which enable RSL employees and support the implementation of the strategy.
- In partnership with Marketing leadership peers, assess, revitalise and redevelop as necessary RSL Queenslands existing stable of publications and digital content delivery platforms, to optimise their effectiveness in the achievement of marketings missions.
- Proactively identify, leverage and create opportunities in the external affairs/news environment to further the advancement of RSL Queenslands Marketing missions through media and influencer engagement.
- Promote our organisations achievements, advocacy and services;
- Mitigate the impact of negative issues which could damage our organisations reputation.
- Ensure the marketing and communications deliverables produced by the Content & Communications team and their suppliers are consistently of the highest quality and effectiveness.
- Ensure content is always mission-driven (ie. plays a specific purpose in a campaign, driving to the achievement of a specific marketing mission); and
- Ensure efficient management of the production work stack to ensure deliverables are produced in a timely fashion, within allocated budgets etc.
- Re-engineer practices and processes as necessary to facilitate the teams efficient and effective design and production of deliverables.
- Implement appropriate measurement and evaluation tools to monitor the growth of and engagement with communications platforms, and effectiveness of communications deliverables.
- Educate the marketing team to attain and consistently demonstrate best practices in Content Marketing.
- Be an expert in all things related to content marketing, communication channel development and leverage, staying abreast of the latest trends and research, and advising the CMO on their potential use by RSL Queensland.
Our ideal candidate
You will have proven leadership experience in a similar role expanding and executing the content/communication strategy within a leading business.
What were specifically looking for:
- 5 years experience performing a senior Content Marketing role.
- Minimum of 10 years experience leading a Communications or Marketing team.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing content-led marketing/communications campaigns.
- Experience leading and inspiring teams of content creators to achieve an organisations stated goals.
- Success in building content delivery platforms (especially social media and digital), and driving step changes in participant numbers and engagement levels.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Communications and/or Marketing
(Experience in the Not-For-Profit sector is not required.)
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.