Part Time Support Worker Maintenance (site and equipment maintenance experience essential)
4 days per week
(Please note: this is NOT a Disability Support Position)
City Mission is seeking a highly experienced support worker to facilitate the maintenance of the grounds and equipment at Missiondale, our residential rehabilitation facility located in Evandale. A large part of the role will be working with our residents to help them to develop their work ethic, as well as skills and experience in the maintenance of the site grounds and equipment
This is a very hands-on role and requires an active individual with exceptional people skills. The successful candidate will join an amazing and dedicated team working together to help people transform their lives.
Selection Criteria (Essential Qualifications/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years experience in landscaping, building maintenance or other similar role.
- Understanding and evidence of safe workplace practices.
- Ability to work with a diverse team including those from disadvantaged and vulnerable backgrounds
- Workplace level 2 First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with clients and staff.
- Current drivers licence.
- National Police check is required for all roles at LCM.
Selection Criteria (Desirable Qualifications/Experience):
- Experience or demonstrated capacity to work in an organisation adopting a Christian ethos.
- A good understanding of the causes of homelessness and addiction related issues:
- Knowledge of drugs and their effects; Knowledge of symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal; Knowledge and experience in conducting alcohol and other drug assessments, brief interventions, and other health interventions (as appropriate); Knowledge of motivational interview techniques; Knowledge of relapse prevention strategies;
- Working with Vulnerable People Check, or willingness to obtain.
- Success in building and maintaining positive key stakeholder relationships.
- Positive history of following organisational Policy & Procedures.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated history of setting and applying good professional boundaries.
The Support Worker Maintenance is required to provide effective supervision and basic training of residents in different stages of AOD recovery. The person will be able to oversee the day to day logistics of the property and coordinate clients to develop skills that will encourage improvement of basic skills and self-esteem. They will demonstrate high levels of communication, collaboration and administration to achieve this.
This is a part-time position and salary will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. As a Public Benevolent Institution, LCM employees are eligible to Salary Package through our approved provider.
If you have a passion to work as part of a friendly team in a caring compassionate environment, knowing that our success will be directed towards those struggling with dependency related problems, we encourage you to apply.
Please send your written application addressing the selection criteria and your ability to effectively perform the primary tasks above to the Human Resource Manager, Launceston City Mission, PO Box 168, Launceston, or upload it to the SEEK website.
Applications close on Monday 7 September 2020 at 9am.