Be part of an exciting renewable energy company, Critical role with a focus on energy markets, analytics and operations, Location: Melbourne CBD with flexible and safe working arrangements.
- Be part of an exciting renewable energy company
- Critical role with a focus on energy markets, analytics and operations improvement
- Broad scope wholesale and retail market insights
- Opportunity to grow with the business
- Location: Melbourne CBD with flexible and safe working arrangements
About the role
We are growing, and we are looking for self-driven individuals to help us build the energy business of the future. We are committed to investing in you to give you the skills, knowledge and experience required to grow with the company. You will be joining us at a critical stage with plenty of opportunities to work across multiple core areas of the business and rapidly develop your career during this exciting time of growth.
Data management is the core of the energy business and to that end we have invested in the development of a best-in-class market data warehouse, comprising wholesale and retail market dataflows. The core responsibility for the Energy Analyst is the enablement and extraction of value from our strategic data assets through synthesis of key market dataflows. The role will be responsible for generating critical reporting streams for the business including portfolio position, earnings outlook and risks. In addition to these fundamental tasks will be a continuing variety of simple to complex problem-solving exercises that test and validate new concepts.
The Energy Analyst will report to the General Manager Retail Operations
You will be working in a small team of motivated and creative people from ZEN Energy spanning most aspects of an energy business breaking the mould.
Office arrangements are typically flexible requiring independent initiative and good communication habits. Current public health restrictions make these attributes even more important.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Build and maintain capabilities deriving from the core data warehouse, including but not limited to: pricing and valuation, portfolio loads, portfolio energy assets and contracts, retail operations and.
- Extract, synthesize and communicate relevant market and business insights from external industry sources such AEMOs Market Management System (aka Infoserver) or MSATS; and other internal data sources
- Generate and automate regular reporting required by internal stakeholders, such as Trading , Operations, Finance, Risk and senior management; and external stakeholders, such as customers or regulators
- Prepare reports and/or presentations that document the analysis and/or the research conducted.
- Suggest and implement improvements and/or lead the development of new ideas and approaches
- Effectively engage stakeholders in order to provide timely information in regard to customer engagement, market outcomes and decision making
Above all else, you have passion and initiative, an eye-for-detail, and are outcome driven.
- Industry experience: Experience and understanding of issues relating to the electricity market (wholesale and/or retail) and renewables in particular
- Technical abilities: Proficient SQL capabilities
- Communication skills: Ability to engage effectively with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with clear presentation and explanation of complex information.
- Be self-driven and can work in dynamic and semi structured environments
- High levels of numeracy, which you may be able to demonstrate with a tertiary qualification in a quantitative or statistical discipline
- Competence and confidence with R/Python or similar would be well regarded
ZEN Energy is a proudly Australian renewable energy retailer committed to making electricity affordable, simple and sustainable.
Proudly head-quartered in South Australia, ZEN was founded in 2004. We have installed over 30,000 energy systems across Australia that include systems for Electrolux, City of Adelaide and the Tonsley Innovation Precinct. As a retailer we currently supply electricity to customers such as the South Australian Government, Foodland, YourDC & the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute.
We design, install and support integrated renewable energy systems for residential homes, small businesses and large commercial and industrial premises. We are proud that two ZEN Energy systems are amongst the ten largest rooftop solar systems installed in Australia.
ZEN Energy specialises in providing flexible, customer focused solutions that combine the worlds leading sustainable energy hardware with flexible and transparent renewable-backed electricity contracts for business and government customers. Our success is built on engineering excellence and a customer focused approach to energy procurement. We are passionate about exceeding our clients' expectations and deeply value direct communication and transparency in every project we work on.
Want to join our team
If you are ready to be a part of an exciting renewable energy company looking for innovative solutions to produce clean energy and have a passion for making a difference, we want to hear from you.
Application close Friday 11th September 2020
At ZEN, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity and culture, faith, sexuality and gender identity, and disability. We are committed to providing a safe environment and we believe in flexibility as a smarter way of working.