Be part of an exciting renewable energy company, Use your experience to help develop ZEN Energys growth strategy, Genuine career prospects on offer.
About the role Were growing, and we are looking for self-driven individuals to help us build the energy business of the future.
- Be part of an exciting renewable energy company
- Use your experience to help develop ZEN Energys growth strategy
- Genuine career prospects on offer
- Adelaide, Central Melbourne or Sydney location
We are committed to investing in you to give you the skills, knowledge and experience required to grow with the company.
You will be joining us at a critical stage with plenty of opportunities to work across multiple core areas of the business and rapidly develop your career during this exciting time of growth.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Sales & Marketing team. This role is responsible for developing and executing sales strategies to retain and develop new business whilst maintaining strong collaborative relationships with current customers.
The role will have a focus on Retail Energy Sales with a key requirement to develop integrated solar and battery offerings. This role reports to the General Manager Sales and Marketing You will be working in a small team of motivated and creative people from ZEN Energy spanning most aspects of an energy business breaking the mould Office arrangements are typically flexible requiring independent initiative and good communication habits. Current public health restrictions make these attributes even more important. Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
About you Youll have
- Identify and develop electricity supply opportunities within large business target sectors and achieve sales targets and financial objectives
- Assist with the formulation of proposals and contractual supply agreements
- Develop, implement, and execute sales strategies to retain and create new business opportunities for sales of electricity, solar and energy storage to contribute to EBIT growth
- Contribute to the development of new products.
- Establish strong collaborative engagement with prospective and current customers, and
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customers business and related market
You may also have
- Minimum 3 Years relevant experience
- Prior experience managing significant government, corporate, commercial & industrial customer accounts- sales experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver on strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and possess strong commercial acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Be self-driven and can work in dynamic and semi structured environments
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing, or related field
- Engineering or trade qualifications
- Retail energy experience
- Experience understanding complex problems and able to design innovative solutions
ZEN Energy is a proudly Australian renewable energy retailer committed to making electricity affordable, simple and sustainable. Proudly head quartered in South Australia, ZEN was founded in 2004.
We have installed over 30,000 energy systems across Australia that include systems for Electrolux, City of Adelaide and the Tonsley Innovation Precinct.
As a retailer we currently supply electricity to customers such as the South Australian Government, Foodland, YourDC & the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute. We design, install, and support integrated renewable energy systems for residential homes, small businesses, and large commercial and industrial premises. We are proud that two ZEN Energy systems are amongst the ten largest rooftop solar systems installed in Australia.
ZEN Energy specialises in providing flexible, customer focused solutions that combine the worlds leading sustainable energy hardware with flexible and transparent renewable-backed electricity contracts for business and government customers. Our success is built on engineering excellence and a customer focused approach to energy procurement.
We are passionate about exceeding our clients' expectations and deeply value direct communication and transparency in every project we work on. Want to join our team
If you are ready to be a part of an exciting renewable energy company looking for innovative solutions to produce clean energy and have a passion for making a difference, we want to hear from you. Application close
Friday 11th September 2020 At ZEN, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity and culture, faith, sexuality and gender identity, and disability. We are committed to providing a safe environment and we believe in flexibility as a smarter way of working.