Permanent Position, Enjoy an Outback Lifestyle, Onsite Accommodation & Meals Provided.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, is seeking to appoint a Bore Runner to join the team at Helen Springs Station. The position is available for immediate commencement.
Hancock Agriculture has a long and proud history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
About the Property
Helen Springs Station, situated in the Barkly Region of the NT, is a 5,626km2 breeding property which runs up to 27,000 head of Brahman/Charbray cross cattle.
Lush green gardens and lawns surround the station complex, which includes a swimming pool and social club. The station provides a friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment, where all Team Members are valued and play an integral part in the successful and smooth running of the property.
About the Role
As Bore Runner, your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out Bore runs to check Station watering points and maintain water facilities and pipelines
- Service, maintain and repair solar pumps, mono pumps with Kubota motors and submersible pumps with small generators
- Trough & fencing repairs; and
- General vehicle and workshop maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sound mechanical knowledge of motors & pumps
- Current Drivers Licence (Heavy Vehicle desirable)
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to comprehend operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and procedures
- High level of organisation skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- An appreciation for remote rural living.
What we Offer You
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Air-conditioned accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
To apply for this exciting job opportunity and enjoy all the benefits of an Outback lifestyle and working in a great team environment,
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply. This role does not qualify for a second year Working Holiday Visa.