Do you thrive in a fast-paced warehouse team You know, the one where you are packing orders one minute, unloading a container (yippee, its here!) the next but then also focusing on safety and team Well, we have the job for you!
We're looking for someone with a minimum 2 years experience in high volume order fulfilment (emphasis on high) with leadership skills (read: team members naturally look to you for guidance and support).
Stock management is second nature (like, you are always triple checking inventory and looking for opportunities for process improvement)
You enjoy picking & packing orders to send out to lovely customers, ensuring accuracy with an extra quality check before sealing up the package (did we mention we have the *best* customers)
Safety is a top priority for you, and you understand the requirements to ensure the team operates within OHS guidelines at all times.
A born leader, team members gravitate to you for advice and support. Honesty, values, and integrity are a non-negotiable and you have that natural ability to build rapport and make people feel at ease.
You can't wait to implement new ideas, your organisational skills are out of this world and your tenacious work ethic is second to none.
Team player is your middle name and your ability to be a self-starter and highly motivated while remaining flexible and proactive in a fast-paced environment ticks alllllll the boxes.
Container arriving & need to rally the team for help Yep, you've got this. Stocktake of all products needed Not a worry. Warehouse sale to organise Youre on it.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the receiving, unloading, opening boxes/crates/containers, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse. Receiving stock includes reporting stock inventory received to internal Accounts team the same day received.
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring physical stock is in line with the inventory management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely manner
- Ensure orders are fulfilled correctly & efficiently, and that the delivery of products meet customers expectations and business timelines
- Inspect items to ensure theyre not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory daily as items are deemed faulty
- Pack item according to specified packing guidelines
- Ship and fulfil customer orders in the Inventory system, inputting appropriate tracking numbers and links
- Follow all procedures for the fulfilment of orders & ensure the team is following
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to OH&S procedures and ensuring they are understood and practised by all team members
- Manage OH&S procedures including audits, quarterly meetings, reporting
- Keep shelves, inventory space and work stations neat
- Sweep and vacuum warehouse as needed
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Ensure the facility equipment is properly maintained & organise any necessary maintenance activity
- Induct all employees and visitors into the warehouse
- Lead, train and guide warehouse team members, including casual/occasional staff
- Manage warehouse team roster including identifying the need for casual/occasional staff
- Ensure team members are trained and kept up to date on warehouse systems & processes
- Organise warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Order new supplies in a timely manner, including pre-paid shipping packaging, stationary, tissue paper, boxes, etc.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve warehouse processes & procedures including productivity improvements
- Organise, facilitate and perform stock takes bi-annually on all products in the warehouse
- Organise, facilitate and participate in bi-annual warehouse sales, including working weekends where required
- Assist with photoshoot production and coordination where required, this may include pick up and drop off of props & product at the shoot location
- Assist with seasonal events including trade show bump in and bump out
- Work at trade shows where required including weekends and interstate
- Engage on Sage x Clare social media posts with comments and likes
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Key Attributes Needed:
- Ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change
- Conscientious work ethic
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact / cost of not meeting them
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills
- Proactive nature to identify opportunities for improvement and make solution recommendations
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and lead team members by example
- Positive and professional attitude
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years warehouse experience
- Previous experience in leading/ directing a small team highly advantageous but not essential
- Ability to build rapport quickly with a team
- Experience in high volume retail order fulfilment
- Intermediate Mac computer skills required with experience with Shopify, Dear Inventory Management, Star Ship It strongly preferred
- Thrive on working collaboratively within a creative & collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and the ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solver + solution-driven
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills
- You pride yourself on flexibility, while easily meeting critical timelines
- Prior experience in homewares, apparel or other retail industry will be highly regarded
Feel like you're ready for an opportunity to genuinely grow in your career in a place that encourages you to take ownership of your role Or maybe you want to be a part of, and help grow, a successful business We *really* want to hear from you.
So who is Sage x Clare
We're an online retail store centred around an artisanal, handmade approach to quality, placing an emphasis on the emotive and lifestyle attributes of our products. We love anything with pattern, colour and texture. We choose to surround ourselves with pieces that make us feel happy rather than subscribing to any one particular style.
What you'll need to send us:
- Please send your cover letter (did we mention we looooooove these Mostly 'cos it tells us how much you've researched our brand and *get* us) and resume.
- Please send your application .
NB: This is a full-time position located in our Bayswater, Victoria office. This position is an in-house position only and open to candidates who live in Melbourne.