Permanent full-time position, Exciting leadership opportunity.
Senior Coordinator Projects
Reference number: 13341
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 13 September 2020
- Permanent full-time position
- Exciting leadership opportunity
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 128,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and dynamic leader. Reporting to the Manager Project Services, this role will see you coordinate, lead and oversee end to end delivery of Council’s diverse range of capital works relating to building and civil projects and open space assets.
In this position you will also manage the tendering, contract administration and supervision of contracts for the provision of projects provided by external contractors.
- Project coordination and supervision of allocated Capital Works Projects;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the Project Management Framework;
- Implement modern end to end project management techniques to ensure effective and efficient project delivery within allocated resources and budget;
- Ensure contract administration, management and supervision are appropriately maintained;
- Coordinate and undertake the tendering process for the provision of Civil Works and Community Infrastructure to Council; and
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that projects are planned, coordinated and implemented in accordance with statutory obligations and Council objectives relating to the Project Management Framework.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification combined with extensive and diverse experience;
- Extensive experience in the project management, delivery and implementation of capital works projects with demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes within budget and on time;
- Proven success leading multi-disciplinary teams in the oversight of the planning and delivery a portfolio of building and civil projects.
- Extensive specialist experience in contract management at a senior level, providing advice/assistance to senior management;
- Experience in coordinating the tendering, contract administration and supervision of contracts for the provision of building and civil projects provided by external contractors; and
- Experience in a financial monitoring and reporting role, including high level skills in Microsoft suite, contract management software, financial management software and project management software.
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Our culture of inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 13/09/2020