Exclusive all girls school, well resourced, quality learning and teaching environment, CBD location 3 minutes to train services.
PRINCIPAL, MUSLIM GIRLS GRAMMAR
Muslim Girls Grammar (MGG) is an exclusive independent girls school founded on the teaching principles of the Islamic faith. Centrally located in Granville, the school is a short walk from Granville Railway Station and a 10 minute drive from the Parramatta CBD. The school is situated on the historic and heritage listed former Granville TAFE site, providing a learning environment that blends history with modernism.
MGG will be commencing its inaugural year of operation in 2021 for students enrolling in Year 7 and Year 8. The school successfully completed its application for registration and accreditation with NESA, and Ministerial approval is expected in September 2020.
MGG strives to be recognised as a school of choice for Muslim girls in Sydney, fostering a positive learning environment with a culture of inclusiveness and empowerment. The school embeds essential skills and innovative approaches to the delivery of curriculum, leading to the development of problem-solving skills which prepares students for the challenges of the future. MGG emphasises a holistic approach to the education and development of students, with academic, sporting and cultural opportunities as well as high quality extracurricular activities. Students are engaged, independent and reflective learners who take pride in themselves and their community as they journey from learners to leaders.
Applications are warmly invited for the position of School Administrative Manager (SAM). This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, innovative and experienced SAM who is committed to making a significant contribution to the development and operation of Muslim Girls Grammar.
The successful candidate will be someone with a proven record of visionary school leadership to manage all administrative tasks in the school.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Capacity to supervise staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise initiative, organise resources and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake financial and accounting responsibilities including use of computerised financial/administrative systems.
- Manage budgets, logistics and events or meetings
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an office.
- Ability to interact with school staff, students and members of the school community
- Help shape and uphold the vision of the school
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects)
General Selection Criteria
- Proven experience as a School Administrative Manager
- Knowledge of administrative processes of schools
- Ability to use computers (e.g. MS Office) and education management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational ability
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Good judgment and decision-making aptitude
- Degree in Education or similar field; post-graduate degree is a plus
Statement of Duties;
The School Administrative Manager (SAMs) is part of the school administrative and support team in our school. As a SAM you would assist the Principal in planning and maintaining school routines and are responsible for the efficient management of the school financial and administration functions.
Your role would also involve supervising school administrative officers and promoting training opportunities.
If youre up to the task, and youre also committed to high-quality education, wed like to meet you.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply online and attach your resume and covering letter, which clearly details how your skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience can contribute to the success of this role. It is a requirement that you include the name and contact details of two referees.
For enquiries regarding the position please contact the School Board Chairman,
Please submit your application by Friday 28 September
To be considered for this role, you must include:
- Working with Children Check Clearance
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake First Aid training.
- Administration of Medications training to be provided based on student needs.