Full time, permanent position, Competitive remuneration with 28 days annual leave, Office based in Docklands Melbourne, close to public transport.
About the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (the TIO) offers a free and independent service for resolving complaints about telephone or internet services. Most complaints that come to the TIO are resolved between the parties. To resolve complaints, the TIO uses a wide range of dispute resolution techniques including conciliation and investigation.
The TIO is not for profit, and independent of the Government, industry, and consumer groups.
The TIO purpose is to provide an effective and efficient dispute resolution service for the telecommunications industry that complies with the Benchmarks for Industry based customer dispute resolution schemes. Achieving the purpose will contribute to enhanced community confidence in the telecommunications industry.
This position is a permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week). You will be responsible for providing timely and professional administrative support to three of the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Senior Leadership Team; the Assistant Ombudsman for Early Resolution (ER), the Assistant Ombudsman for Improvement, Policy and Reporting (IPR), and the General Manager of People & Culture (P&C) - three Senior Leaders.
The Administration Assistant has responsibilities for duties such as calendar management, project co-ordination, preparing various meetings, assisting with communication, travel and event management.
Your skills and experience:
For this role, we are looking for people with the following characteristics:
- Demonstrable administrative skills in a professional environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build professional, respectful, inclusive, and effective working relationships at all levels across the whole of the TIO
- Highly organised and able to manage own time effectively, with the ability to achieve deadlines and prioritise work according to conflicting demands
- Ability to gather information and make sound decisions
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word etc)
- Previous experience working in a busy or high-volume administrative or customer service role
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently to meet set deadlines on time
- A high standard of professional principles and values including honesty, integrity, and ethical decision-making and capacity to exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Great initiative and flexibility with the ability to be proactive and adapt easily to change and new ideas
- Work collaboratively and in a spirit of co-operation
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
The benefits of working with us
We are a not for profit non-government organisation that provides an independent dispute resolution service for Australian small businesses and residential consumers who have a complaint about their telephone or internet service. Our value statement is Together we DREAM. Together, we Dare to be great, Respect and inspire, Evolve and grow, Appreciate and celebrate, Make it easy.
During this pandemic lockdown period, we will offer a remote (online and phone) week-long induction and training period. You will be required to work from home, until we reopen our Docklands office for regular work.
We offer a friendly, social and supportive team environment.
The TIO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible, and safe work environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
The TIO respects all kinds of diversities and is absolutely committed to being inclusive. We recruit, develop, compensate, and promote people regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sex, sexuality, intersex variation, disability, age, and life experience. We encourage our employees to bring their authentic selves to work because we celebrate all our differences, support it, and thrive on it. This is how we dream and grow together.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in direct response to the position requirements.
Applications close 11:55 pm Monday, 24 August 2020