- Full Time
- Level 3, (Nexus Enterprise Agreement)
- Current National Police Check, a Working with Vulnerable People Card (Employee Type) and unrestricted Tasmanian Driver's Licence
Nexus expects that all staff will accept and honour the obligation imposed by their personal and professional duty of care to clients.
Support the financial operations of Nexus Inc so that it is able to provide physical, social and emotional support to clients.
Provide support to the Accountant in the areas of: -
o Processing accounts payable invoices for group homes and corporate along with data accuracy
o Tracking Centrepay income on daily basis
o Receiving applications for new Prepaid Cards and dispatching them with approved amounts
o Saving 6 months historic transactions in pdf format
o Prepaid Card top-ups on daily basis
o Creating internal banking transactions
o House reimbursements to corporate account
o GL and GST reconciliations -House Ledgers
o Managing ledgers and receipts
o Liaising with house managers and team leaders
o Management of Accounts and Finance emails
o Well rounded understanding around client finances in order to be able to present to Guardianship Administration Board and Public Trustees
o Ability to collate client finance records to family members/ financial administration
o Ordering and issuing of Vouchers for NCIS Clients on weekly and monthly basis
o Issuing km invoices for clients liaising with team leaders
o Filing, storing, archiving all of the above in specific naming conventions
o Tracking group home expenses (including rent, electricity, transport and house maintenance)
o Creating client reimbursements from prepaid card account
o Ad-hoc reporting catering to stakeholders requirements.
A. Processing Accounts Payable under supervision of Accountant:
1. Processing invoices for various locations and corporate invoices
2. Receive supplier invoices and re-direct to appropriate external stakeholder (Public Trustee) for approval and payment
3. Ensure supplier invoices are appropriately approved and entered into system.
4. Perform end of month reconciliation of house expenses
5. Liaise with internal and external parties regarding any queries
6. Managing finance email.
B. Processing Prepaid Card tasks:
1. Under the supervision of the Accountant
2. Creating new Prepaid Cards
3. Retracting funds from blocked and lost cards under supervision of Accountant
4. Updating job task lines in outlook
5. Creating internal bank transfers
C. Reconciling House Ledgers and Receipts
1. Under supervision of the Accountant, processing house ledgers and receipts manually.
2. Investigating variances and missing receipts.
3. Ensuring accurate data entry.
D. House reimbursements
1. Under supervision of the Accountant, process reimbursements for house expenses paid by Nexus Inc operational bank account.
E. Accounts Receivable
1. Under the supervision of the Accountant:
a) Process relevant charges to house accounts.
b) Negotiate with debtors on payment terms.
c) Complete filing and archiving of all relevant paperwork as required.
F. Ordering Client Vouchers using Woolworths online portal:
1. Maintaining client voucher procedure on weekly basis.
2. Ensuring accurate filing system is in place.
G. Finance and Administration duties
1. Other duties as required to support the Finance Team.
H. GAB Reporting
1. Producing statement of financial position by client for a specific date range.
1. General finance and administrative duties as they arise.
2. Contribute to the development and improvement of other systems and operations as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Ensure a high standard of financial processing with all duties.
2. Support policies and procedures of Nexus.
3. Work as a team member to support organisations systems and procedures.
4. Contribute to the overall Nexus goal of facilitating development of client life skills and community participation.
5. Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders as required.
6. Act appropriately and professionally at all times.
This position reports directly to the Accountant and operates with supervision within the guidelines, policies and practices of Nexus.
Exercises delegation as defined by the Delegations Policy.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL (SELECTION CRITERIA):
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Ability to present data to a Legal Financial Admins, Family members, Executives and Public Trustees.
3. Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and accounting
4. Intermediate understanding of Office 365 (including Excel, Word, Teams).
5. Ability to present professionally to internal and external stakeholders (such as Nexus Exec Team, Financial Admin, GAB, Family members and COS).
6. Intermediate Microsoft Dynamics experience.
7. Ability to adapt to change.
8. Demonstrated empathy and understanding of issues relating to people with disabilities who have high support needs and a positive approach to the rights of people with disabilities.
9. Demonstrated ability to undertake a range of financial and administrative duties.
10. An ability to ensure data accuracy and accountability of finances.
Nexus is registered as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI). While registered as a PBI, Nexus is able to provide employees with access to salary packaging benefits up to the maximum allowed by the Australian Taxation Office. Further details will be provided by Nexus at employee induction.
Mandatory Employment Checks
Current National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card (Employee Type), Tasmanian Drivers License and proof of eligibility to work in Australia is an essential requirement of working at Nexus
How to Apply
Applications close Tuesday 1st September, 2020 at 12 noon.