Macquarie College is a Seventh-day Adventist integrated Pre-School to Year 12 coeducational campus. It is renowned for its high academic standing, its cultural and sporting pursuits and disciplined learning environment. The high priority given to Christian values and student welfare, and the open and natural setting of the College, makes it a highly desirable centre of education and learning.
In keeping with the unique character of the College, all staff members are expected to have regard for the Adventist faith, practice and culture. It is desirable that the appointee would be a practicing Christian and have an understanding of the philosophy and practice of Christian education.
Part-time ~ 27.5 hours per week Monday-Friday - 1:00pm to 5:30pm during school term time
Working hours and times may vary during term breaks (NB must be available to work 8 hour shifts during these periods).
Cleaning Coordinator who reports to the Business Manager and Principal
Award rates in accordance with the Support and Operational School Staff Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021.
Cleaning staff are responsible for the efficient and effective operation and environment of the site by providing a high level of cleaning support and ensuring that the duties prescribed for the position are completed to an acceptable standard as determined by the supervisor, in accordance with the school cleaning program.
Cleaners are expected to work under the supervision and direction of the Cleaning Coordinator and in co-operation with other members of the cleaning team.
General cleaning duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Empty bins in all rooms
- Tidy and dust all rooms
- Vacuum carpets
- Clean toilets and hand basins
- Wash floors in toilets and wet areas of classrooms
- Keep a check on cleaning materials in cleaning trolleys
- Check & refill toilet rolls, paper towels and soap dispensers
- Clean glass surfaces
- Wipe student desks and tables
- Ensure the windows and doors are closed and locked, lights and appliances turned off
- Use heavy commercial cleaning equipment and chemicals for specific tasks
- Assist with term break major cleaning program including cleaning windows and external areas
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
All staff are expected to:
- Maintain a professional and collegial relationship with colleagues, parents and students
- Follow appropriate line management
- Work independently and as part of the cleaning team
- Contribute to maintaining a positive and effective team and working environment.
- Friendly demeanor with the proven ability to maintain positive working relationships with fellow team members and supervisors
- Able to follow directions while applying appropriate organizational skills and efficient working methods
- Able to maintain high work standards including a high level of attention to detail
- Able to complete physical tasks at varying levels within limited timeframes
- A strong team ethos with the ability to work alone or in a group
- Reliable and able to adapt to changed work programs at short notice
- A current Working With Children Check (WWCC) is required before commencing employment
- Proven record of upholding confidentiality and trust within the workplace.
- Experience in the cleaning industry
- Awareness of WHS responsibilities and requirements
- Understanding of, and experience in the proper use of heavy commercial cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 11 September 2020
- Written applications must be addressed to the Principal, Macquarie College, PO Box 517, Wallsend, NSW, 2287 or email [email protected]
- Applications must be marked confidential and quote the position title;
- Provide a supporting statement addressing the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the position description;
- Provide a CV with details of all qualifications and experience, and the contact details of three referees.
All candidates who wish to apply for this position must follow the process outlined above.
Successful candidates may be eligible for contract or full time positions in the future.