Rewarding benefits on offer, Great learning environment for both on & off the job training, Job security with the largest Truck Dealership in WA!.
Truck Centre (WA) is WAs sole Mack, UD, Volvo and Hyundai truck Specialist Dealership. With 8 branches operating successfully state wide, we pride ourselves in taking on the prestigious responsibility of being the Single Largest Truck Transport Solution in WA.
Truck Centre (WA) would like to invite motivated and mechanically minded individuals who possess a keen interest in the Heavy Road Transport Industry to apply for an Apprenticeship opportunity based at our Albany branch, with an option of commencing your apprenticeship in late 2020 or January 2021.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanics at Truck Centre (WA) are required to diagnose, overhaul, repair, service, and test heavy duty vehicles, providing a high quality of workmanship on all products in accordance with the standards expected of our stakeholders.
This Apprenticeship position will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to commence their career within a nurturing and supportive environment, in order to ultimately become the best qualified tradesman they can be.
To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong interest in the Heavy Automotive industry
- Self-motivation with a positive can-do attitude
- Enjoyment in performing practical and manual activities
- An awareness for safety in the workplace
- The ability to use initiative and follow instructions
- The capacity to work well within a team environment
- A Minimum of Year 10 qualifications (Year 12 completion highly desirable)
- The commitment to a full 48 month Apprenticeship term, including both on and off the job training.
Candidates with relevant work experience, exposure to the Road Transport Industry, and/or qualifications associated with a Cert I or II in the Heavy Automotive Mechanical field are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for a 2020/2021
- A recent updated copy of your resume
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in a career in the Road Transport industry and why you would make a great Truck Centre Apprentice
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript.
Please note that applications must meet all of the above criteria in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Truck Centre WA is not in a position to consider applicants who have already commenced an apprenticeship elsewhere or offer any Recognition of Prior Learning to this qualification.
All applicants will be contacted once the shortlisting process is complete to advise if you were successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process.