A sea change on Victoria's Surf Coast while still globally connected, Innovative entrepreneurial company in exciting growth period, Newly created role to support CEO and international leads.
We are looking for a dynamic finance director with entrepreneurial flair who can provide top quality financial management. The position is on the Surf Coast of Victoria and for someone who is looking to step out of Melbourne, but continue working globally. This entrepreneurial business is in an exciting stage of growth and value creation, with ample opportunities for both professional and personal development.
This is not a pure finance, number crunching job. The role is diverse and is key to supporting the global growth of the organisation whilst generating value creation.
Xinfu is a company like no other - we create incredible leaders through innovative and disruptive methods to create super value for our clients and are working to launch our next phase in the coming months. The Xinfu team itself practises what it preaches and continually seeks to improve their wellness and self-awareness.
Some of our previous Australian clients include Wesfarmers, Telstra and Newcrest. Globally, we have worked with easyJet, LinkedIn and Reckitt Benckiser among others.
We are in an exciting time of growth by looking to build global fellowship which will provide excellent experience and significant personal achievements. This is a job that is less like a vocation and more like a shared mission - to help people and institutions everywhere develop their leadership, culture and consciousness. On top of this, we also offer an extremely competitive salary and flexibility in working from home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of Xinfu finance operations
- Improve the performance of the business through a combination of business acumen and process improvement
- Analysis of financials, metrics and pricing
- Providing tight cost management and budget governance
- Managing external professional advisers - tax, accounting, legal, etc.
- Fostering commercial partnerships
- Capture value from entrepreneurial deals, including forays into TV and film
- Navigating the world of book royalties
- Deal with multiple forms of IP
- Setting up equity
About the candidate:
At a basic level:
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Accounting (our ideal is a double degree in Accounting and Law, however we are open to considering solely Accounting)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Analysing results, reviewing commercial arrangements, quantify possible risks and opportunities, identify strategies to optimise financial performance.
- Knowledge on how to run a sustainable business/live forever
- Proficient in accounting regulations
- Demonstrated success in a highly complex, client-focus role
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Experience in a high growth SAAS environment
- Able to perform scenario modelling/planning, performance measurement, incentive setting, along with operationalising a rolling forecast
- Experience with international subsidiaries an advantage
On a personal level:
- Able to perform tasks at hyperspeed
- Agile and adaptable thinker to ever-evolving challenges
- Team player who believes in the camaraderie and power of the collective
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and aversion to micro-managing
- Operate with a sense of fun and positivity with a growth mindset
- Highly value conducting yourself with integrity and compassion
- Serve as a true confidant
- Be a Roadblock Remover and Dot Connector - every challenge can be overcome!
- Demonstrate an openness to self-awareness, personal development and improving your wellness
Salary: $180,000 + benefits
START DATE: from the start of October onwards
How to apply:
As well as a cover letter and resum, we also ask that you provide a 600-word response to the following two questions:
- Could you describe an example of a financial challenge you have faced and how you resolved it
- How do you look after yourself physically, emotionally and mentally
Please address and submit your cover letter, resum and responses to application (one single attachment)
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.