Higher pay casual position with part-time to full-time hours consistently, Private treatment rooms means a relaxed & luxurious working environment, A service so good that clients regularly tip team members & always leave happy.
NOTE: Applicant must have some experience in eyelash extension application.
Applicant must submit photos of recent lash work + a cover letter to [email protected]
We're looking for an eyelash extensions specialist with incredible attention to detail and a bubbly personality for a casual position (with very regular, dependable weekly hours) at The Lash Spa
Most of our team work 30-38 hours per week if that's what they choose - all the benefits of a part-time/full-time position, but with the much higher pay of a casual position!
We are the highest rated lash & brow salon on the Gold Coast with a stunning floor-ceiling floral wall, complete with a vintage London photo booth and private treatment rooms. We provide a high-end luxury experience for our clients and care about their lash health. We combine brilliant lashes with a super relaxing spa-like environment which has clients leaving incredibly relaxed (it's such a nice environment to work in when all your clients leave thrilled - often leaving our team members tips thanks to the outstanding service)
Experience in brow sculpting (waxing and tinting) is beneficial but not essential.
The Lash Spa is hunting for a lash addict who takes pride in their work and loves to connect with their beautiful clients.
Hours will initially start at around 15-25 per week over 4 days work per week, and move up to 30 to 38 as your clientele grows (but this can be tailored to suit your needs if you're a great fit to our team)
The Lash Spa is known for:
- Our stunning "insta-worthy" salon with private treatment rooms (so you won't be bumping elbows with the lash tech sitting right next to you)
- An incredible, relaxing client experience (so your clients leave thrilled which makes your days so enjoyable)
- The calm, gentle salon vibe
- Genuine, down to earth lash artists who are passionate about what they do
- Extreme attention to detail resulting in beautiful sets without lash damage
- Lash consultations with our gorgeous clients to ensure they get exactly what they want
- Our range of lash-friendly products
About the Role:
You should already be a qualified lash artist with experience who can isolate easily and work with a variety of lash types (classic and volume fans). Your role will be to greet clients, guide them to their private treatment room, determine their dream lash look and help make recommendations.
Why Work At The Lash Spa
Our team is friendly, bubbly and fun - we are a drama-free workplace that really feel like a family. We do our best to help each other grow and improve.
The salon is a beautiful and relaxing workplace. We have a private team room with microwave, fridge and seating for lunch - we are located off Varsity high street which has plenty of food options for lunch and a cute lake walk.
You'll be working alongside our master lash technicians who will be there to guide you if you have any questions.
Successful applicants must be motivated, well-presented and willing to go above and beyond for the clients.
Excellent customer service skills are essential as we strive to provide 5 star customer service at every appointment. We're not just known for our lashes, but also the whole Lash Spa experience.
The Lash Spa is extremely staff oriented and have set up the treatment rooms to be functional and ergonomical for our team. We regularly have social events where the team get together for a bit of fun.
The clients love the extra touches they get at The Lash Spa including an essential-oil hot towel warm welcome, tea and chocolate upon arrival, hand-written welcome note, complimentary ring clean and goodie bag. If you like putting a smile on your client's faces after transforming their lashes then this is the place for you.
Some of your tasks here will include:
- Setting up the room and triple sterilising implements to our high standards
- Keeping track of inventory (lashes, glue, tape etc)
- Consulting with clients before and after their appointment
- Advising clients on what shape and style of lashes would suit their natural lashes + face and eye shape. You should have knowledge on styles such as cat eye, babydoll, open eye and so on
- Applying the lashes symmetrically and neatly with maximum retention and longevity in mind
- Waxing and tinting brows (hard wax)
- Taking payments by cash or card
- Explaining the aftercare instructions and ensuring clients don't walk out of the salon without being fully aware of how to care for their lashes
- Photographing your stunning work for our lash gallery and social media pages
- Assembling goodie bags for clients
- Data entry of client details
- Taking detailed notes as part of our internal tracking system.
Skills & Experience:
- Professional eyelash extensions certification
- You must be experienced enough to apply a full set in 60 minutes (we use fast-drying glue that cures in 1-2 seconds), or be confident that within a few months, and with our guidance that you'll be able to work within that timeframe
- Eyebrow tinting and shaping experience (not essential as we can provide training to the right candidate)
- Experience with classic lash extensions
- 100% accuracy with lash isolation (no stickies)
- Must be friendly and bubbly especially upon arrival and departure - but most clients will fall asleep during the appointment (and chatting makes lash application harder anyway due to eye flutter)
- Must be willing to learn and apply our particular techniques to get the results our clients expect.
- Must be open to constructive criticism - it's how we all get better over time at our craft.
- Must be patient and never passive aggressive with clients. We love our clients and want to ensure they come back and can call The Lash Spa their "lash home".
- Must not be running your own home beauty business or eyelash extension business
- Be willing to cover shifts in the event that someone is sick (flexible)
- Must have a mode of transport whether it's a bike and you live locally, or your own car.
Please be aware that you'll need to sign a non-compete agreement.
Job Benefits & Perks:
This is a well-paying position and you'll start on $30 hourly including Superannuation (more on Saturday and Sundays) with the prospect of increasing over time. You also receive generous commission on all sales when targets are reached - and it's easy because the products sell themselves :)
The job is technically classed as casual (so you benefit from a much higher pay rate than elsewhere), but we offer regular, dependable hours that would be inline with a part-time or full-time position.
You can also depend on your 9.5% superannuation being paid quarterly (many salons don't, so it's in your best interest to check this!)
We're ready to get started right away for the right person, but we understand that you may need to make arrangements with current employment, living situation etc, so we can be flexible.
PLEASE send photos of your work along with a short write-up on why you'd be great for this position. Oh, and your rsum of course.